Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
I'm quite enjoying watch them deal with the challenge!

Beau Hossler 17 year old amateur tied for the lead - great story!!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
That kid Hossler is doing great!!

Love the fact that he's using a stand bag!! :lol: his caddy got an easy 4 days!!

Birdies the hardest hole on the course to take the outright lead!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Here's a post from another (predominantly U.S.) forum I sometimes visit...

Totally highlights the derision the U.S. feels for European Golfers...

Other Forum said:
"In the middle of the second round, the world of golf seems to be returning to normal.

Tiger Woods, Jim Furyk, and David Toms are all near the lead------the great European hopes...World #s 1,2, and 3(by some bodies estimation)...are all outside the top 50 and #1 ans 2 will miss the cut---again.

This brings up a question in my mind, does the ranking system penalize players when they miss the cut...or several in a row....or does the system just keep track of accumulated points?

Multiple consecutive missed cuts should automatically drop players a long way down! Being 14 or 15 shots off the lead in a major, and being beaten by 2 or 3 amateurs in the field, is a clear indication of what these players are not!"
Unbelievable disrespect IMHO!!

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
And demonstates a lack of understanding of the ranking system. IMO a WD should get minus points.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
The U.S. guys just cannot handle the fact that they have nobody in the top 3 at the moment.

When the world rankings were dominated by U.S. players, the system was fine, no problem at all, now however, it is a farce and really needs looked at and changed!

When Phil and Tiger were missing cuts, there was never any suggestion that they should have ranking points deducted of be penalised in some other way.

The "anti-international player" sentiment that pervades the majority of U.S. golf enthusiasts really sickens me at times!!

I support great players regardless of where they come from, and if they happen to come from the UK - well, that's a bonus... but I would never dispespect a player the way that some of these guys do just because they are not of my own country of origin!!

NOTE - I also realise that there are a LOT of U.S. based guys who do not feel this way, however, my comments are based on what I believe the majority of posts I read on other forums are like. No disrespect is meant to anyone on this particular forum!! :)

Hyperactive

HCP
Local club/country
Unattached
Irons
Mizuno JPX EZ 5-SW, JPX Fli Hi 4, MX700 20deg hybrid.
Driver
Mizuno MX700 10.5 deg.
Deemac said:
Here's a post from another (predominantly U.S.) forum I sometimes visit...

Totally highlights the derision the U.S. feels for European Golfers...

Other Forum said:
"In the middle of the second round, the world of golf seems to be returning to normal.

Tiger Woods, Jim Furyk, and David Toms are all near the lead------the great European hopes...World #s 1,2, and 3(by some bodies estimation)...are all outside the top 50 and #1 ans 2 will miss the cut---again.

This brings up a question in my mind, does the ranking system penalize players when they miss the cut...or several in a row....or does the system just keep track of accumulated points?

Multiple consecutive missed cuts should automatically drop players a long way down! Being 14 or 15 shots off the lead in a major, and being beaten by 2 or 3 amateurs in the field, is a clear indication of what these players are not!"
Unbelievable disrespect IMHO!!
I wonder how many of these backward thinking Americans realise there owned by China these days ;).

Lets see how things turn out at the Open Championship next month, on a course that is tough, but not tricked up to make a complete lottery of it. The world rankings don't lie.

And who says any of the players at the top of the US Open leaderboard at the halfway stage will be figuring in the final standings anyway.

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
Presuming that the LPGA do there ranking points the same.How come Tseng is World number 1 by about 9 points? Because she won everything that was put in her path last year ,so obviously making her the best golfer.Wasn't that just what Tiger did? And what Donald has done over the last 15 months?It's just sour grapes from the Americans i'm afraid.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Reading the (predominantly American) forums can be a bit tough sometimes. To be fair, most of the guys are just sticking up for their guys and recognise how good the top RoW players are. Then there's an elite bunch of idiots who are basically trolls. The trick is to ignore these guys (it's surprising how many times the same names start fights on forums) and right off their views as ignorant, immature and ill advised.

Most golf fans everywhere are pretty well clued up and well meaning.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Just been having a look at the rankings ... I reckon whatever happens, Luke will stay at number 1

If Tiger wins he could go just above Rory into 2nd
If Lee wins he could push Luke VERY close for the top spot

ChrisP

Local club/country
Hawarden
Monty is doing a cracking job of getting a Celtic Manor Ryder Cup reference into every bit of his commentary!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
BigPete said:
All of a sudden

Lee Westwood is 3 off the lead....
Yeah, noticed that! C'mon Lee!!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Much better viewing today!!

Course not quite as brutal...

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
67 for Lee - awesome round. He could end up leading at the end of play here at +2

Meanwhile my swing hero Furyk is showing them all how it's done...

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
I'm desperate for the following to get a major (in this order)

1 Luke Donald (obviously)
2 Lee Westwood
3 Sergio Garcia

One of them is usually in contention and this week it's Lee (although Sergio is only +5)

freddy

HCP
Local club/country
Canada
Great round by Lee today. If you put yourself in position in majors as often as lee does, you would think he would win one by accident eventually!

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
freddy said:
Great round by Lee today. If you put yourself in position in majors as often as lee does, you would think he would win one by accident eventually!
Right? Top 3 SEVEN times in the last 4 years in majors ....

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
I'll be rooting for all the NON-American players today! Especially Lee!

Colsearts is also doing VERY well indeed!

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Deemac said:
Colsearts is also doing VERY well indeed!
I think he could be one who creeps in under the radar today. He's been very steady recently and played some very good golf during the last couple of months.

Top Bottom