Trying to get mum into golf

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Hello
I was wondering if anyone could help me?

My mum is coming down to the club to walk round with me tomorrow, she has always professed the desire to take up golf one day. I have told her it is not as easy as it looks.

She is 73 and a smaller lady at 5 foot 1 and 8 stone but is as fit as a lop, fitter than me infact ha ha. You won't find a lady her age in better shape.

I have looked on sites but all of the ladies clubs for seniors are horrible. I would love to know if there are any very light options for ladies with soft graphite shafts that could be cut and fitted for her height, with the nice look and forgiveness of something like the 900 Hot Metals. I think she would only need 6, 8, PW, S, Little 4 Hybrid and maybe a 4 Fairway + putter.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

LOS

Local club/country
England
1. Don't discouage her by telling her it isn't easy. Its meant to be enjoyed even if it's just the social aspect,
2. Don't buy her any clubs until she has tried it.
3. England Golf has been pushing "Girls Golf Rocks" for a while to get women into golf and many clubs offer taster session where they provide a Pro and equipment for them to try. If she goes to one of these and decides to take it up then ask the Pro's advice about type and set make up of clubs.
https://www.englandgolf.org/find-and-play/

1596869971256.png

Top Bottom