Too in love with mizuno??

ajb72

HCP
Local club/country
The Leicestershire
Irons
MP57 - Nippon 950 shafts 0.5" longer, 2 degrees upright. Titleist Vokey wedges 52, 56 and 60 degree. Yes Diana Putter
Driver
MX700 10.5 degree NVS reg shaft
I love my Mizuno gear, always have for as long as I can remember and currently on my 4th set of irons. (I made the error of leaving the fold once to purchase Ping i3's, but soon came back!!).

However, I wonder if it possible to be too keen one one brand??? I have just ordered a lovely looking cart bag in the tour colours, in the PU finish (thanks to the wonderful British weather). In this will go my Mizuno brolley & attached Mizuno towel.

I worry that if I wear a Mizuno cap or polo shirts as well, I'll be in for some right stick from my golfing buddies!!

Is this just paranioa, or do any of you guys worry about too much Mizuno-worship!!!!!

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
Always spread the wealth around.. I was always a great MacGregor fan (Except for my Titleist Bulls eye Putter). Woods, Irons, Bag, Towel, Cap, Rainsuit) You get the idea..

I got on a Ping Kick after I purchased a Set of PING BeCu Eye 2+ irons. Ping Hoofer Bag, Jblade 3 Putter, Anser Putter, Ping Wedges, Ping TiSi Tech Driver, Ping Fairway Woods..

These days, the Ping irons and fairway woods are long gone, the MacGregors stuff sits inside the closet.

Today .. It's Mizuno Irons, Alternating between Drivers (Macgregor JNP, Mizuno PRO, Mizuno MP-600, Ping TiSi, Wilson Pd5). Alternating between Putters (Titleist Bulls Eye, Mizuno BC7).

Yes, it's easy to fall head over heals on a brand.. If you have the extra money, might as well spend it.. If nothing else, one looks good at the Country Club..

Nothing to every worry about - just look good, feel good and play golf Well!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
I have so much Mizuno gear I get asked all the time if I'm a Mizuno staffer! (until I hit my first ball!! - Then it's obvious i'm not!)

I have Mizuno Driver, 3-wood, Hybrids, Irons, Putter, Bag, Towel, Umberella, Pitchmark Repairer, Ball Marker, Trousers, Belt, Top, Cap, Sunglasses, Locker Bag, Shoe Bag...

I'm a Mizuno FANATIC and proud of it!!!

The only equipment that I use that's not Mizuno are my 2 wedges - but I have Mizuno iron covers to hide that fact!!

Sad??? - Probably!!!

ajb72

HCP
Local club/country
The Leicestershire
Irons
MP57 - Nippon 950 shafts 0.5" longer, 2 degrees upright. Titleist Vokey wedges 52, 56 and 60 degree. Yes Diana Putter
Driver
MX700 10.5 degree NVS reg shaft
I tip my hat to you - I thought I loved Mizuno but you have taken it to another level completely!

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Driver
Deemac said:
Pitchmark Repairer, Ball Marker, Trousers, Belt, Top, Cap, Sunglasses, Locker Bag, Shoe Bag...
These items I have not seen in the USA.. I don't think we have them available..

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
anchorpags said:
Deemac said:
Pitchmark Repairer, Ball Marker, Trousers, Belt, Top, Cap, Sunglasses, Locker Bag, Shoe Bag...
They are not available in the UK either! But they are available from Japan - and a certain popular auction site (begining with E and ending in bay) has been my route to access these items!

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Driver
Deemac said:
anchorpags said:
Deemac said:
They are not available in the UK either! But they are available from Japan - and a certain popular auction site (begining with E and ending in bay) has been my route to access these items!

I am sure shipping will be expensive..

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Not Massively Expensive!

Lord of the Divots

HCP
Local club/country
Kedleston Park GC, England
Irons
Mizuno MX 200, nippon ns pro 1150GH tour reg., 1* up, std. length
Driver
Titleist 909 D2 10.5, Diamana BB reg.
wow!
i thought I had lots of mizuno gear cos i had their irons, hat, bag, umbrella and rain gear. Haha

HCP
Local club/country
west rhine golf club germany
Irons
callaway big bertha 4-sw Odyssey#7
Driver
Mizuno mx 560 9.5 fuijikura stiff
I am only 14 but i am already drawn to Mizuno. Everyone thinks that mizuno make awesome clubs and i agree. I have already started my collection with the mx 560. In november i am getting the new speedster II bag and in december i am getting the mp 57 along with a few accessories!!! I cant wait.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
MIZUNOCRAZY!!! said:
I am only 14 but i am already drawn to Mizuno. Everyone thinks that mizuno make awesome clubs and i agree. I have already started my collection with the mx 560. In november i am getting the new speedster II bag and in december i am getting the mp 57 along with a few accessories!!! I cant wait.
You're making the right choice!! Once you've hit a Mizuno - you wont want to hit anything else!

Crichton1973

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
Tulliallan GC, Scotland
Irons
Taylormade RAC CB, KBS Tour stiff 3-PW.
Driver
Titleist 909D2, 10.5 deg Diamana Blue Board 73 Stiff.
Deemac said:
I have so much Mizuno gear I get asked all the time if I'm a Mizuno staffer! (until I hit my first ball!! - Then it's obvious i'm not!)

I have Mizuno Driver, 3-wood, Hybrids, Irons, Putter, Bag, Towel, Umberella, Pitchmark Repairer, Ball Marker, Trousers, Belt, Top, Cap, Sunglasses, Locker Bag, Shoe Bag...

I'm a Mizuno FANATIC and proud of it!!!

The only equipment that I use that's not Mizuno are my 2 wedges - but I have Mizuno iron covers to hide that fact!!

Sad??? - Probably!!!
You sure do love the Mizuno gear Deemac. Good luck to you, I hope it brings you more pleasure than pain! :)

HCP
Local club/country
Japan
Irons
MP 58 Satin chrome finish 3-PW KBSTOUR Stiff
Driver
Mizuno MP Craft 425 S1 9.5/Fujikura Rombax 6F09
I moved to Japan 4 years ago and after getting into golf again after a 15 year break I have become a Mizuno freak. I vist the Mizuno shop at least once a week and find it very hard to resist all the cool MP gear you can get here.
I think I have an illness and may have to leave this place soon...

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
karaburi said:
I moved to Japan 4 years ago and after getting into golf again after a 15 year break I have become a Mizuno freak. I vist the Mizuno shop at least once a week and find it very hard to resist all the cool MP gear you can get here.
I think I have an illness and may have to leave this place soon...
If you find a cure for this illness - could you pass it on to me? I'm now the proud owner of not one, but two pairs of Mizuno sunglasses (1 with blue lenses and the other with grey).

Top Bottom