HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Would anyone care to guess who might win The Masters at this point? Please don't wait until Monday morning to reply. ;-)

I'd like to see Tiger come close, but i don't think he can manage it. Right now, I'm rooting for Max Homa.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Hi Dennis ... I didn't comment as it seemed a foregone conclusion that Scheffler would win? - He is miles ahead of everyone at this time & seems to have everything in place to continue this for some time to come? - The bright spot for us Europeans was how well Ludwig Aberg played in his first ever major?

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Would anyone care to guess who might win The Masters at this point? Please don't wait until Monday morning to reply. ;-)

I'd like to see Tiger come close, but i don't think he can manage it. Right now, I'm rooting for Max Homa.
I had Scheffler about 3 months ago in my 4 bets a year (golf majors). But then laid him off and onto Hideki. My mistake 🤣

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I have to admit, I'm very impressed with Aberg. The kid seems to have personality too, something sorely lacking with the cliche laden younger American players.

One of the interesting discussions I heard yesterday mentioned Scheffler's level of focus. They compared it equally to Tiger when he's in the zone. Tiger says his Buddhist faith helps him focus. Somehow without that, I think Scotty has accomplished it too.

Yesterday, I finished my pimento cheese, a sure indication the tournament is now over.

In the meantime, I haven't mentioned this out of pure envy, but my son-in-law got to attend the Masters on Saturday. Mike works for IBM and was the VP of mergers and acquisitions some years ago. He did so well in that position that even though he has moved on, they still put him on the M/A committee for certain projects. Last weekend, he was in Atlanta for meetings with a company IBM is working to acquire. The IBM people were surprised by getting to play Palmetto Golf Club in Aiken, South Carolina on Friday, one of the most exclusive clubs on the east coast. Then, at dinner, they were told they needed to meet the bus to Augusta at such and such time. Going to the Masters was a total surprise and was handled by the company execs about to be brought under the IBM umbrella.

Mike said everything you've heard about is true and more so. The hills are much steeper than they appear on television. The only seat you can use is the one they sell and with your name in the little pocket on the back, nobody takes your chair or sits in it if you aren't there. The chicken sandwich he had was OK, but mass produced and not the equal of how people rave about the peach ice cream, which he never tried. Nobody is allowed to wander into the pine straw and sit down to rest. And yes, there are a few spots obviously painted green for television, where the grass might have been bare.

What he said is most notable was the expanse of the place, but more so, the manicured nature of it. He said it looked like every blade of grass was measured and the edges of things like the fringe or the first cut looked like they had been measured and cut so perfectly it looked like it was done with a laser.

It's been many years since I read the book The Masters by Curt Sampson, but I think I need to reread it now. I don't like a lot of the politics of exclusivity they practice, but I don't have a say in the matter. None the less, it's still one of my 2 favorite tournaments of the year, only behind The Open.

Top Bottom