Mizunomarty

HCP
Local club/country
Cleveland/England
Irons
Mizuno MP54 5-PW Dynalite Gold S300 1"+ MP-T4 56 & 60 Wedges Krakatoa Putter
Driver
Mizuno JPX850 Driver,JPX825 Hybrid 19 stiff
What are everyone's swing thoughts during the golf swing? I seem to be thinking too many thoughts ! lol

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
I've founfd that the more non-golf thought that go through my mind, the better I hit it. If I think golf thoughts..... disaster :)

How you doing mate ? Keeping well ?

Mizunomarty

HCP
Local club/country
Cleveland/England
Irons
Mizuno MP54 5-PW Dynalite Gold S300 1"+ MP-T4 56 & 60 Wedges Krakatoa Putter
Driver
Mizuno JPX850 Driver,JPX825 Hybrid 19 stiff
I am not too bad thanks Dave. Seem to just start playing well then we get another lockdown. Hope you and you missus are ok.

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
What are everyone's swing thoughts during the golf swing? I seem to be thinking too many thoughts ! lol
It's an interesting one mate. I've actually found some good success listening to music when I'm on the range practicing. Usually something energetic but will be your personal preference. Taking away golf thoughts as dcb says as it's distracting you a bit. Transfers nicely to the course..so far. Lol. Oh and clearly with earphones, would get lynched just playing music at the range..😂

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
It's an interesting one mate. I've actually found some good success listening to music when I'm on the range practicing. Usually something energetic but will be your personal preference. 😂
Jack Nicklaus always said he had a song playing in his head. He felt it helped his tempo, how fast or slow he walked or prepared for a shot. He joked, (or maybe not), that he had won a couple million dollars to Georgie Girl.

In my case, I generally try to feel more than think. I want to feel a certain position at the top of my swing where my grip with both hands feels secure. Then my first move down is sort of a conscious thought in real time.

I do joke though that I have a trap door under my chin. Whatever swing thoughts I might have fall out of that trap door as soon as it opens on my backswing. How else could you explain 3 perfect practice swings and then a shank, a chunk or a bladed shot?

Top Bottom