Golfstyles

HCP
Local club/country
US
Irons
Mizuno MP-5
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900
Can I bend my MP-20s to 3 degrees stronger from standard?

Thanks

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37
Not recommended as you'd end up without any bounce on the long irons. Why would you want to?

Golfstyles

HCP
Local club/country
US
Irons
Mizuno MP-5
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900
Not recommended as you'd end up without any bounce on the long irons. Why would you want to?
Thanks. I understand. Maybe 2 degree would be best. I’d do 5-PW to space my gaps evenly. My 2 and 4 irons are HMB with stronger lofts already, so maybe 1or 2 degree strong in 4 iron and no change to the 2 iron. My T20 wedges are 48, 54, and 60. So with my pw being 46, I would start my gapping from there.

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37
As long as you look a the actual distance gaps and not the loft differences, you should be fine a degree or two. Upping the loft on the HMBs is also something to look at. Having a high flying, soft landing 4-iron is underrated IMHO.

Golfstyles

HCP
Local club/country
US
Irons
Mizuno MP-5
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900
Thanks for the information. Regardless, NOTHING FEELS LIKE A MIZUNO 🏌️‍♀️. 😉.

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Not sure why you wish to alter the lofts. Modern lofts are already cranked up and the number on the bottom of the club is pretty meaningless, you will just reduce the bounce and dig the turf with the longer irons. The important thing is distance consistency, knowing how far you hit each iron. That is the thing that Tiger struggled with early in his career. I play with so many guys who hit a wedge on a 140 yard par 3 when I hit an 8 iron. They tell me, then I put it to 10 feet and they are in the bunker. Pointless stupid and macho silliness. My willy is 10 inches long. Good grief 🤔🤔

Top Bottom