Staff Color Bags?

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, 3 JPX 900 Rescue, MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 10.5 degree
First round with the new bag today.
Good points:
Light and compact.
Plenty of storage, probably more so than my old bag which was bigger.
Furry lined valuables pocket.
Good overall design and style, colour combo
14 way divider.
Good padded carry strap

Not so good points:
Rain cover is pretty tight. Like hard to get clubs in and out tight.
No Front carry handle.
Brolley kind of sits at the rear of the bag. For a cart bag that's a bit weird as it makes it difficult to get too or impedes getting the bag on the trolley.
Cooler pocket is small. I typically carry a protein shaker and it deffo won't fit.

Overall a decent bag, will see how it holds up. havent tested the waterproof aspect yet. It only snowed today while i was out. 🤣
Thanks for the update Brian.
Let us know how you're getting on with it. What trolley do you use and how does it fit?
I'm thinking of getting a lightweight Motocaddy bag as I hate having to keep twisting my bag round all the time, even with the slot on the base.

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
Hey tony hows it going? I'm using a go kart and it's seems a good fit..brolley issue aside. Don't remember having to adjust it at all which was a problem with the old bag. Been to the range with it and it's like a carry/stand bag but for a cart if that makes sense. Smaller diameter at the dividers so the top strap holds it pretty firmly. First real test this weekend. Playing Kingsbarns on Saturday and Sunday, Praying for good weather!

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, 3 JPX 900 Rescue, MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 10.5 degree
Hey tony hows it going? I'm using a go kart and it's seems a good fit..brolley issue aside. Don't remember having to adjust it at all which was a problem with the old bag. Been to the range with it and it's like a carry/stand bag but for a cart if that makes sense. Smaller diameter at the dividers so the top strap holds it pretty firmly. First real test this weekend. Playing Kingsbarns on Saturday and Sunday, Praying for good weather!
All good Brian

Looking forward to your report:)

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Question - I know a lot of guys in Europe want waterproof bags. About once a year, I simply spray my rain suit and bag with Thompson's Water Seal and I've never had a problem. Is the waterproofing on the bags that come that way much better?
Dennis ... The best selling bags in the UK (& probably Northern Europe too) are fully waterproof ones - We endure a good 6x months of wet weather golf (worse in Ireland & Scotland I'd wager?) - A 100% waterproof bag is essential & you can pay a lot for a decent one - I used to have a couple of bags, including a non-waterproof one, but now I just buy the best waterproof one I can afford & use it all year round - I wouldn't be relying on spray on protection in this neck of the woods, but for Florida it's probably a decent alternative?

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I wouldn't be relying on spray on protection in this neck of the woods, but for Florida it's probably a decent alternative?
That thought sort of crossed my mind. One of my usual Monday golf buddies has an expensive waterproof Sun Mountain bag, because he travels a lot and takes his clubs wherever he goes. He says the waterproof feature has come in handy a number of times.

I have a picture somewhere of my bag and equipment scattered around the living room drying out after getting swamped one morning. I left it out all day, long after it had dried. When my wife came home and saw it, she asked me if my golf bag had exploded?

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
That thought sort of crossed my mind. One of my usual Monday golf buddies has an expensive waterproof Sun Mountain bag, because he travels a lot and takes his clubs wherever he goes. He says the waterproof feature has come in handy a number of times.

I have a picture somewhere of my bag and equipment scattered around the living room drying out after getting swamped one morning. I left it out all day, long after it had dried. When my wife came home and saw it, she asked me if my golf bag had exploded?
Sun Mountain H2NO waterproof bags are top notch & I had one that lasted about 7x years before the zips started to go - My current one is made by Motocaddy & is going strong after 2x years - Years ago we used to have covers to go over a "normal" bag to keep the rain out, but waterproofing the actual bag is much more convenient - As I mentioned, you need to be ready for rain here in the UK every week of the year - Florida would not be like that, but when it rains, it will be "biblical" & I'm not sure any bag will survive that? - When I get home from a drenching & dry all my gear out, I'm sure I can hear my wife shuffling the divorce papers!

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Florida would not be like that, but when it rains, it will be "biblical" & I'm not sure any bag will survive that? - When I get home from a drenching & dry all my gear out, I'm sure I can hear my wife shuffling the divorce papers!
ROFLMAO - Absolutely... Now that I play about 3 days a week, my wife has gotten used to the storage spot for my clubs and 2 pair of shoes to be right by the front door.

The course leases carts and used to have a bunch with the little fold out awning you could pull down over your clubs when it rained. The new carts they got last year don't have that anymore, so a lot of people keep their rain hood on the bag, just unzipped so they can get their clubs in and out.

And the bag I mentioned my frind Juan has is one of the high end Sun Mountain bags like the one you mentioned. I know a couple other people with Sun Mountain bags and they really do last a long time. The higher price is definitely worth it, IMHO.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I hate to say this, but as of today, I am abandoning the LW-C bag. Long story short, when packed with all my equipment, the LW-C refuses to stand up. Without going into detail, I need my clubs to stand up so when my dogs zoom through the house and skid into the bag, it won't fall on them. I have no space where i can lay it down and crazy as it sounds, it's become a problem.

I'm back to using my BR-D4, at least temporarily. I know 99.9% of the golfing world would be happy with the BR-D4, but I don't like a 14 way top and just from a looks point of view, I dislike the pocket on top, above the ball pocket.

I need to find something that works for me.

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
I've been using this waterproofing spray on my rain suit and golf bag for the past couple of years now, I usually just give everything a good all over spray coating with it at the start of the golf season and so far it looks to have been reasonably successful,
But I will admit i'm a fair weather golfer and I do my very best to avoid playing in wet weather conditions when ever posable..!
IMG_6959.jpg IMG_6959.jpg

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I've been using this waterproofing spray on my rain suit and golf bag for the past couple of years
But I will admit i'm a fair weather golfer and I do my very best to avoid playing in wet weather conditions when ever posable..!
View attachment 10549
I use this stuff called Thompson's Water Seal. I like it better than some other water proofing products, just because it smells much better than a lot of the others.

And I got a kick out of your comment about being a fair weather golfer. The weather you guys in Europe play in would be sleeping weather for my overly sunshine spoiled butt.

Top Bottom