ST220G Driver Stock shaft option

HCP
Local club/country
Killeen GC Ireland
Irons
Mp18sc
Driver
GT180
Why is the stock shaft that has hit the retail shops in my local area the Hazrdus Smoke Black RDX, as this shaft will only suit a very small section of players due to it's stiffness profile. Would the RDX Blue not have been a better option.

Last edited:

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Hello ... There are about 30x shafts you can order for this driver in Europe (according to their UK website) - Shops in ROI must have less shafts given to them for stock (possibly due to ongoing Covid supply issues?) but you should be able to order other shafts with online suppliers? - You could also ask your Mizuno Pro shop to contact Mizuno direct to see if they can assist with other shafts?

HCP
Local club/country
Killeen GC Ireland
Irons
Mp18sc
Driver
GT180
Yes I know there are around 30 shaft options available on the Mizuno web site, what i can’t understand is why you would fill a sales bag on the shop floor with a shaft that suits a very small minority of players It just doesn’t make commercial sense to me.
I asked the sales assistant about trying one for a custom fit but he told me that Mizuno hadn’t supplied any test samples. Mizuno traditionally struggled to compete in the wood section of the market place with the other brands more well known for their drivers and fairway woods. I myself am a big fan of their drivers having started with their Tzoid Forged around twenty years ago before straying to the other big name brands that in all fairness were better at marketing their clubs. In recent years I have played the 850, 900, GT180 and am currently packing a ST190G and have only seen good reviews of the ST220G.
The two biggest retailers for golf equipment in Ireland are both advertising the ST220G with the Hazrdus Black Smoke RDX as the standard shaft on their web sites.Just doesn’t make sense to me.

Top Bottom