ST200 Driver Shaft

HCP
Local club/country
Ireland
Irons
Mizuno / JPX921 Tour / 4-PW
Driver
Mizuno / ST200 / STIFF
Is it possible to get fitted and just get shaft changed on the ST200 driver? I foolishly bought an off the shelf ST200 without getting custom fit for it and I am constantly fading it which I hate. Wondering if I got a custom fitting done would i be able to just get the shaft changed or would I need to trade it in and start again? Don't mind either scenario but just wondering? Based in Ireland and have a set of custom JPX921 Tour irons on order at minute from Halpenny Golf.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Hello ... You can certainly change the shaft - If you know what shaft works for you (in your last driver for example) you can buy a used one & have a Mizuno adapter fitted? - More expensive option would be having a fitting done & ordering the recommended shaft directly from Mizuno - Being in Ireland doesn't help due to lack of places doing fittings (Mizuno or otherwise?) - If you go down the used route I might have an adapter here that would work, but would have to check what I have & what adapter the ST200 uses
Hope that helps ... Paul

HCP
Local club/country
Ireland
Irons
Driver
Mizuno / ST200 / STIFF
Hi Paul,

Thanks for that info very helpful and much appreciated, problem I have is I'm not sure what shaft suits me in my driver. To be honest I only realised exactly how much influence the shaft has on the process upon a recent fitting for the jpx921 tour irons.

Probably would be more advisable to trade in and get fitted for new one by sounds of it.

Fittings here are free once you are purchasing a club/clubs.

Thanks again.
Basil

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Hi Basil ... Yes in that case a fitting is the best option for you - Make sure you use a fitter you know & trust or one who comes highly recommended - Hopefully you will end up with the best shaft for your ability - Good luck ... Paul

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Probably too late to be helpful - but the DNA software makes a very good prediction of your most suitable driver shaft. Most fitters short cut the software and miss out the ball fitting and driver shaft. But it's in there.

HCP
Local club/country
Ireland
Irons
Driver
Mizuno / ST200 / STIFF
I actually got fitted for the jpx921 tours via the DNA software absolutely amazing piece of kit. It was actually after this I started to think I'd made a major mistake buying off the shelf. I'm leaning towards a fitting and trading in the current st200 for a new custom fitted one.

HCP
Local club/country
Rathfarnham/Ireland
Hi Bazinga84, How you don’t mind the measage. I see you ordered off halpenny golf so I assume you are Ireland based? Just wondering did you get your irons fitted with the DNA system? It looks an incredible bit of kit and as I am due for a custom fit with halpenny in Carrickmines (post lockdown) I am curious to know if they use this system. I hope so. I’ll be doing a full bag and really think the DNA is the way to go. Thanks, Peter

HCP
Local club/country
Ireland
Irons
Driver
Mizuno / ST200 / STIFF
Hi Bazinga84, How you don’t mind the measage. I see you ordered off halpenny golf so I assume you are Ireland based? Just wondering did you get your irons fitted with the DNA system? It looks an incredible bit of kit and as I am due for a custom fit with halpenny in Carrickmines (post lockdown) I am curious to know if they use this system. I hope so. I’ll be doing a full bag and really think the DNA is the way to go. Thanks, Peter

Hi Peter,

Absolutely no problem, yes I got fitted with the DNA system, incredible piece of kit you won't regret going that route. I was fitted in Drogheda Halpenny but I'm sure Carrickmines have it also as Drogheda is a relatively small store and they have it.

Best of luck with the fitting...its true what they say nothing feels like a mizuno!

Best regards,
B

HCP
Local club/country
Rathfarnham/Ireland
Hi Peter,

Absolutely no problem, yes I got fitted with the DNA system, incredible piece of kit you won't regret going that route. I was fitted in Drogheda Halpenny but I'm sure Carrickmines have it also as Drogheda is a relatively small store and they have it.

Best of luck with the fitting...its true what they say nothing feels like a mizuno!

Best regards,
B
Thats great Bazinga,

Thanks for the response. I'm due a fitting in early May and can't wait. I was scheduled the day the most recent lockdown started so has been a long wait.

Top Bottom