Shoprite LPGA Classic

freddy

HCP
Local club/country
Canada
I didn't see any thread for this event, but I thought it was worth a mention given that Mizuno's Stacy Lewis holds a 6 shot lead heading into tomorrow's final round.

Stacy's game really seems to be coming together the last couple of months which bodes well with the upcoming majors on the horizon.

Logie

HCP
Local club/country
Fleetwood GC/UK http://www.fleetwoodgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno MP Fli H4 3 & 4 Irons; MP64 5 - PW irons; MP T-10 52 & 58 deg wedges all with NS Pro 1150 G stiff shafts: MP650 22 degree hybrid regular Orochi shaft.
Driver
JPX 850 10.5 degrees: Fujikura Motore Speeder VC6.3 Stiff.
Stacy has been playing well recently. Lets hope that she cruises through final round and earns a well deserved victory.

Interesting to see Michelle Wie's struggle continues. She was 12 over and missed her fifth cut in a row. Shame for one so talented to be struggling so much.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Stacy seems to be firing on all cylinders at the moment!!

Go Stace!

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Well she's got a 5 shot lead playing the last. Looks like another "W" for team Mizuno!!

In fact it looks like Mika Miyazato is in second too - she plays Mizuno irons I think.

freddy

HCP
Local club/country
Canada
Well done to Stacy, from the little I saw of this round, due to playing myself, she looked very much in control. Looks good going into the second major of the year next week.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Some pretty impressive reading from the LPGA website.

How awesome would it be to have the Male and Female number one players?.... she has a way to go to catch Yani but stil...

"Second victory in her last three events. Finished T5 in her only non-win over that stretch (the Sybase Match Play Championship)

Earns 30 points toward the Rolex Player of the Year race, increasing total to 99 points and moving to second place behind Yani Tseng

Takes over the spot as the top American in the Rolex Rankings as she’s projected to move to No. 3 with this victory. Cristie Kerr had held the distinction as No. 1 American since November 23, 2009

Her latest win comes during the month of June, which is Scoliosis Awareness Month. Lewis battled scoliosis from the age of 11 and underwent back surgery after her senior year of high school.

With the $225,000 first-place check, she increases career earnings to $2,920,279 and increases season earnings to $699,246

First victory in three appearances at the ShopRite LPGA Classic; previous best finish was T14 in 2010 on the Bay Course at the Stockton Seaview Hotel and Golf Club

7th top-10 finish in 10 events played in 2012"

freddy

HCP
Local club/country
Canada
some pretty impressive stats Pete, thanks for sharing.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
http://www.rolexrankings.com/en/rankings/

3rd now (not far off 2nd but miles off 1st...)

Top Bottom