HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I'm sure all of you have heard Tiger withdrew from the Genesis. It's practically world news parallel to the war in Ukraine or the Middle East.

Having back spasms on Thursday was one thing. Having flu-like symptoms on Friday was another thing. BUT, reports this morning say he was highly dehydrated and required some IV infusions.

I bet all of us are highly aware how we need to stay hydrated on the course. Maybe some of you guys in the UK just wait for it to rain and look up with your mouth open, ;-) but here in tropical Miami, we are deadly serious about protecting ourselves from the heat and humidity. When the cart comes around with drinks to sell on the course, the majority of what they sell are things like Gatorade.

Things like alcohol consumption, vomiting or diarrhea can cause rapid dehydration, but if he was suffering from those conditions or had too much to drink Thursday night, I just find it so weird that someone as competitive as Tiger wouldn't have left himself so unprepared on Friday.

I just hope it's not Covid...

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
The amount of news coverage he gets is a little ridiculous in all honesty, there are like 100 other guys playing, although you wouldn’t think it. The short summary (for me) is he’s sick, got flu couldn’t finish. End of. The rest (IV drips blah blah) is just the media bigging it up as it’s TW. Please just move on (Media, not you Dennis :))

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
The amount of news coverage he gets is a little ridiculous in all honesty, there are like 100 other guys playing, although you wouldn’t think it. The short summary (for me) is he’s sick, got flu couldn’t finish. End of. The rest (IV drips blah blah) is just the media bigging it up as it’s TW. Please just move on (Media, not you Dennis :))
I totally agree about the volume of coverage Tiger gets, but as the popular expression goes, "he moves the needle", and is directlyresponsible for bringing a lot of fans to the tournaments he plays in.

I can't help but feel sorry for the Genesis tournament, losing Tiger and Spieth, two guys who draw large crowds, but you're right that there are a lot of great players out there who deserve more attention than they get.

Top Bottom