Hendo

HCP
Local club/country
Royal Dornoch
Irons
4-PW Mizuno JPX 850 Forged
Driver
Mizuno JPX EZ 2016 - Fujikara Orochi Stiff
If I have the serial number of a club, can it be checked to see if it’s genuine?

171017S

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
I could be talking bollards here, but my understanding of the newer Mizuno irons are that the number etched on each iron hosel is the date the club was built (in your case 17th October 2017 & the S refers to "Stock", whereas a Custom order will have the letter "C" after the date) - I don't believe they are serial numbers, as presumably more than one set of irons would be made on any given date? - Happy to be proved wrong, but that's how it was explained to me ...
Paul

Hendo

HCP
Local club/country
Royal Dornoch
Irons
Driver
Hmm, thats not really a serial number then as you say, it won't identify what type of club and/or spec it relates to. The date does make sense however in terms of the head type and the period it was produced

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Paul is spot on. If it’s got a C at the end you ring Cumbernauld and they require the number and your surname to get the specs up

Hendo

HCP
Local club/country
Royal Dornoch
Irons
Driver
Well, I’ve seen them in the flesh now and they look blooming stunning. If my son grumbles for a second I’ll just have to put them in my bag 😃

Hendo

HCP
Local club/country
Royal Dornoch
Irons
Driver
I could be talking bollards here, but my understanding of the newer Mizuno irons are that the number etched on each iron hosel is the date the club was built (in your case 17th October 2017 & the S refers to "Stock", whereas a Custom order will have the letter "C" after the date) - I don't believe they are serial numbers, as presumably more than one set of irons would be made on any given date? - Happy to be proved wrong, but that's how it was explained to me ...
Paul
No visible bollards I can see, but another question. You mention “newer Mizuno irons”. Do you ( or anyone with a link to Cumbernauld) know when serial numbers started?. The reason I ask is in connection with some JPX EZ forged with no serial number etched. The serial number I asked about above makes sense as it is on a set of NOS MP5’s that I bought for my son for his birthday and they were made for MY 2016/17.
051114S is the serial number on my own MPH5’s which were made MY 2014/15 so again, a logical number.
The EZ’s in question were same model years as the MPH5’s (orange cavity logo) but have no serial number so does this mean they could be copies?

LOS

Local club/country
England
No visible bollards I can see, but another question. You mention “newer Mizuno irons”. Do you ( or anyone with a link to Cumbernauld) know when serial numbers started?. The reason I ask is in connection with some JPX EZ forged with no serial number etched. The serial number I asked about above makes sense as it is on a set of NOS MP5’s that I bought for my son for his birthday and they were made for MY 2016/17.
051114S is the serial number on my own MPH5’s which were made MY 2014/15 so again, a logical number.
The EZ’s in question were same model years as the MPH5’s (orange cavity logo) but have no serial number so does this mean they could be copies?
The EZ's were around 2014 and "labelling" changed around about then. I had to do a quick search as I couldn't remember.

The lack of any number probably means they were a Std build set.

https://mizunoforum.com/threads/mizuno-jpx-pro-serial-number-question.25052/#post-122587
"
I once enquired about this to Mizuno via email as my previous set (Custom fit) had serial numbers and my 2nd set which were standard spec from a retailer had no serial numbers on the heads, this is the reply i got.

"Good Afternoon,

Our standard sets are sent in plain boxes, and standard sets often don't have a code on the hosel or ferrule. (Custom fit will always have a code on the ferrule/hosel and will usually come in the branded box)
Codes on the shaft are from the shaft manufacturer and do not relate to Mizuno."

Regards

Custom Fit Team
Mizuno Corp UK
Mizuno House
612 Reading Road
Winnersh
Wokingham
RG41 5HE "

Hendo

HCP
Local club/country
Royal Dornoch
Irons
Driver
The EZ's were around 2014 and "labelling" changed around about then. I had to do a quick search as I couldn't remember.

The lack of any number probably means they were a Std build set.

https://mizunoforum.com/threads/mizuno-jpx-pro-serial-number-question.25052/#post-122587
"
I once enquired about this to Mizuno via email as my previous set (Custom fit) had serial numbers and my 2nd set which were standard spec from a retailer had no serial numbers on the heads, this is the reply i got.

"Good Afternoon,

Our standard sets are sent in plain boxes, and standard sets often don't have a code on the hosel or ferrule. (Custom fit will always have a code on the ferrule/hosel and will usually come in the branded box)
Codes on the shaft are from the shaft manufacturer and do not relate to Mizuno."

Regards

Custom Fit Team
Mizuno Corp UK
Mizuno House
612 Reading Road
Winnersh
Wokingham
RG41 5HE "
That’s what I thought/hoped. Though as Paul says, it looks like they now code both stock/standard and custom models.

Top Bottom