JoeO

HCP
Local club/country
Salem Hills/US
Irons
JPX919 HotMetal
Driver
Cobra F7+
I found some new S18 wedges still available and am interested. Looks like i may have to purchase, then go for fitting/adjustment. I've researched and pretty certain i will be going with a 50 and 60 lob.

If i need to adjust to a 55 degree......and that is if.....am i better off purchasing a 54 or a 56....which would be better to bend to that 55? just wondering if its better to bend up or down. thanks all...

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
I guess you may want to consider the impact on bounce as that will change too. Only a degree per degree of loft I think but perhaps worth considering.

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
bending weaker > adds bounce & reduces offset vs the reverse when strengthening. For wedges especially, the former over the latter.

HCP
Local club/country
Glenvista CC,Jo'burg,South Africa
Irons
Mizuno 919HM 5 - PW, Mizuno S18 GW, SW ,LW ( all Senior Graphite)
Driver
Taylor Made M6 (Senior Shafts)
I found some new S18 wedges still available and am interested. Looks like i may have to purchase, then go for fitting/adjustment. I've researched and pretty certain i will be going with a 50 and 60 lob.

If i need to adjust to a 55 degree......and that is if.....am i better off purchasing a 54 or a 56....which would be better to bend to that 55? just wondering if its better to bend up or down. thanks all...
I bought the 55 deg 13 bounce from Mizuno, it was a standard offering at the time. I have my S18’s in 50,55&60, brilliant!

Top Bottom