HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Is there some reason we're not talking about the Ryder Cup?

I was busy and only caught moments of it yesterday, but I woke up at 3 AM this morning with my shoulder killing me, so I got up and turned it on. Personally, I'm not into rooting for either team with any real passion. Sure, it would make some of my friends happy to see the USA team win, but honestly, from my perspective, I like the Euro team. They are more colorful personalities and I find them more entertaining. I just enjoy watching good golf anyway.

One thing I'd love to know... How much better are Ian Poulter's putting stats during a Ryder Cup than during his average year. I swear, he makes more putts in a Ryder Cup than anyone I've ever seen.

Maybe I'm wrong, (my wife tells me I am all the time), but it doesn't seem like there are as many American spectators in France as there were in past European hosted cups.

The other thing I notice is, the European fans are much kinder to the Americans than the Americans are to the European team when the matches are here. Patrick Reed still gets booed some, but he's cultivated that with the foreign crowds. I think they play a role in his act, booing him so if he makes a putt he can put his finger to his lips and shush them. They aren't cheering when he misses like the American crowds did when Ian Poulter missed an occasional putt a couple years ago.

And of course, the whole world seems thrilled that Tiger is playing well enough to be there now.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Well Dennis, it's just gone 8-3 for Europe with one game still out on the course. It's been a great mornings golf from a European point of view.

I have heard some unwarranted calls and comments from the crowd though, which isn't great, but, as it is an event that draws the masses, it is probably to be expected. Patrick Reed is getting a bit of stick, but, that's probably payback for his antics last time. He seems to have a bit of trouble with his swing at the moment. If he gets that sorted he'll be back to normal. Still a long way to go though. Great viewing for the armchair fan ? Speith is top performer for USA so far.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Wow... Spieth and Thomas took down Poulter and Rahm. I would never have gambled on that one.

So, it's 10-6 and American tv is trying to maintain some interest by citing the comebacks from 10-6 made by both sides at various times. I don't think I'll be worried about getting up in the middle of the night to watch it tomorrow. If there's going to be a comeback, it'll certainly allow me to sleep before it happens.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Interesting match ups for tomorrow

5412846C-75B1-4DBD-9B12-9C1F6A7F1E5B.jpeg

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
Wow, stressful afternoons viewing. It started to look a bit sticky for a spell, but, eventually Europe managed to pick up the points needed to win. Great weekends golf and a great advert for the game. Well played both teams.

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
I love the Ryder Cup. The format, the atmosphere, the camaraderie and the millionaire golfers playing for their team.

Some folks turn their traditional golf noses up because of the animated crowds but I love it!

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, 3 JPX 900 Rescue, MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 10.5 degree
I love the Ryder Cup. The format, the atmosphere, the camaraderie and the millionaire golfers playing for their team.

Some folks turn their traditional golf noses up because of the animated crowds but I love it!
Yep, with you on that one. Compulsive viewing.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Have you ever seen anyone more "fish out of water" as Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson in the Ryder Cup?

100% hopeless.

Top Bottom