Robotic mowers

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
Interesting…would love to see the results of human v robot… the start of AI to remove our beloved greenkeepers… what next Elon Musk built fairway mowers / fought cutting tractors.. who will the members complain at….. 😂

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Any time it displaces a working man or woman, I don't like it.

It's like all these self checkout machines in stores. If I have to do something for free that they used to pay a person to do, why aren't the prices lower?

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
My home club demoed one but decided against them. Based on what I heard the mower would've basically required a supervisor to follow it. But when I was officiating at another club, the staff were really pleased with the mowers they had. The mowers can work throughout the day without disturbing players and the rural club had had trouble hiring seasonal workers.

That being said, the mower struggled with steep slopes, which might've been the reason our club turned them down.

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
My old club was the first in Norway to use Mowers, and never looked back, when it gets blocked it just reverses or turns around and moves on, And Now
The owner , who is prolific at introducing new ideas, 3 tier membership, incl. free range balls, and now, Floodlight golf, he has set up lighting on 9 holes,
its got mixed revues

Top Bottom