Red Infill On Pro 225 Irons

HCP
Local club/country
Pleasington GC
Irons
PRO 225 5-PW
Driver
Taylormade Qi10 9* Hzrdus
Morning guys, I'm looking to buy some Pro 225 Irons and they have red infills on the iron numbers on the sole. They are listed as +1/4" with Nippon Pro Tour 105 shafts.

I've done some digging and found an old article saying that red is the head for graphite (being a different head weight)? Can anyone please shed some light on this?

Cheers

Attachments

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
That's not something I have ever heard & have been on here for many years & been buying their clubs since the 1970's
I'd suggest you contact them - There doesn't appear to be an email address on their UK / Europe website, so you
could call them or write to them here:
Mizuno Corporation (UK)
3 Oaklands Park,
Wokingham, Berkshire,
RG41 2AN
Tel: 01189 362 100
I don't partake of social media, but maybe try there too?
Good luck ... Paul

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
I've done some digging and found an old article saying that red is the head for graphite (being a different head weight)? Can anyone please shed some light on this?
In the earlier fitting carts, there indeed was a heavier red G weight head for lighter graphite shafts. No relation to shipped sets though. The red paint fill is most likely a custom after market job.

HCP
Local club/country
Pleasington GC
Irons
PRO 225 5-PW
Driver
Taylormade Qi10 9* Hzrdus
Cheers guys, due to the uncertainty I’ve not bothered buying them. Gone for my 2nd set ;) of Pro 225’s with KBS $ Taper Lites from reputable online company.

Top Bottom