Bearwood lakes

HCP
Local club/country
Clandon Regis GC
Irons
Mizuno JPX 825-Pro (4-PW), MP-T4 50*, 58*, Titleist SM5 54*
Driver
Ping G-25, Fairway SLDR 15*
II'm also after a good Mizuno fitting centre.

I'm currently looking at swapping my 825-Pros for maybe the MP-25s when they come out. For my 825-Pros I got fitted at Burhill GC but Mizuno has since left I understand.

I'm London based but can travel in the area (pref Surrey clubs).

Any recommendations on Mizuno fitters?

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
MP 53 5-PW Phoenix. Titleist SM6 50/54/58 deg.; Ray Cook SR 500
Driver
JPX 900 driver & 3 wood; CLK 19 & 22 deg.
Thanks!

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
Driver
Was fitted by Ben at Silvermere on Friday 7 Aug. Order for MP H5 placed on Monday 10th and clubs received on Friday 14th. Excellent service Mizuno. Thanks!

HCP
Local club/country
Clandon Regis GC
Irons
Mizuno JPX 825-Pro (4-PW), MP-T4 50*, 58*, Titleist SM5 54*
Driver
Ping G-25, Fairway SLDR 15*
OhBoy - how was the fitting and service at Silvermere? It's my nearest Mizuno fitting centre but other people seem to suggest travelling a bit further to Bearwood Lakes. Keen to hear if Silvermere is worth the visit.

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
Driver
Yorkie_Londoner said:
OhBoy - how was the fitting and service at Silvermere? It's my nearest Mizuno fitting centre but other people seem to suggest travelling a bit further to Bearwood Lakes. Keen to hear if Silvermere is worth the visit.
Good experience. Huge selection of heads & shafts (not just Mizuno). £60 for 90 minutes (refunded with purchase). Can see all angles of swing & clubhead and easily compare shafts & heads. Also helped with angles of attack. A lesson in itself.

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Has anyone been to Gleneagles or Close House?  I'm between the two living off the A1 on East Lothian and got options.

Celtic_Bil

HCP
Local club/country
Hunley Hotel & Golf Club, North Yorkshire
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
zombie said:
Has anyone been to Gleneagles or Close House?  I'm between the two living off the A1 on East Lothian and got options.
Z, I was at Close House on Monday for a fitting with Tim.  They have quite a bit of fitting gear and two fitting rooms.

It was very windy (forecast showed 35/40 mph) and coming mainly from the left and slightly behind.  Seemed to start swirling a bit toward the end of the session.

I hit a few balls to loosen up and then hit about 6 with my own 6 iron to get some stats on the flightscope.  Swing was constant 87mph.  Tim thought the spin was a bit high and the smash a bit low. 

Then we hit a few with the DNA club to get readings.  Speed was 87mph.  Can't remember the average for the rest, but around 4, 4, 4, 5.  DG S300, PX 5.5 & KBS S were recommended.  We tried all of these with the MP25 head and the two big thing we noticed where that; a) the KBS had the better distance on good hits, but lost a fair bit on poor shots; b) the PX 5.5 wasn't far behind the KBS, but performed better on poor shots.  Tim suggested we tried the JPX850F head to see if this helped.

We also tried the DGXP S300, to compare with what I have in my MP54 and Tim asked if there was any other shafts I would like to try.  I suggested the Nippon, so we gave these a go.

Then Tim suggested other brands..........OK......lets give it a go then Tim!  We only tried the Callaway Apex and Titleist AP2.  The Apex was a 7 iron and all other heads had been 6 iron.  Distance just behind the others, which made me think it was jacked up.  I checked afterwards to find the basic Apex 7 was 31 degrees, so almost a 6 iron.  Apex Tour is a more traditional 34 degrees.  All shots were recorded on Flightscope to compare data.

The hour was up very quickly and to be honest, I wish I had another 30 mins minimum.  I was asked (again) if there were any other shafts or heads I wanted to try.  I went back to the MP25/PX5.5 combo and hit a few more.  Tim suggested I have a break for a few minutes and then hit some balls on the range with this club and my own to see how they compare.  I did this and then ended up ordering 4 to PW before I left.  As some may have read, shortly after this I received an email from Snainton informing me that I had won their MP25 comp....Mad!  So I had to phone Tim and cancel the order.

There was a £25 charge for one hour fitting.  This is knocked off the price of any clubs bought, so I repaid this upon cancellation of the order.

The good thing about Close House, especially for somebody like Zombie in his current situation, is that they also have fitting for Callaway, Titleist, Ping & possibly Taylor Made and a wide range to hand.  So these can be tried to compare and see if Mizuno are still the right choice.

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Superb Celtic_Bil. Close How's service and comp winner! 

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Finally got time free so booked my fitting at Close House next Sunday. 

Celtic_Bil

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
zombie said:
Finally got time free so booked my fitting at Close House next Sunday. 
Hope it goes well mate.  Plenty of time to bed new sticks in, ready for the Forum Day....

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Cheers mate.  I'm going in with an open mind about everything so I could come away with a pink set of TaylorMade spoons! 

I say that but this whole fitting thing started after using RSi irons on hols...  Eek!

Celtic_Bil

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
zombie said:
Cheers mate.  I'm going in with an open mind about everything so I could come away with a pink set of TaylorMade spoons! 

I say that but this whole fitting thing started after using RSi irons on hols...  Eek!
It's all about what works best for you, Z.  If that's TaylorMade then so be it...

But, I'm sure of all the Mizuno irons there will be one for you......The JPX EX or JPX EZ Forged could just be what you have been waiting for.

Eagerly awaiting your results.......

Kevmc

HCP
Local club/country
Kirkhill Golf Club
Irons
JPX900, Project X LZ 5.5 4-PW
Driver
ST180 Driver KURU KAGE TINI70 stiff shaft
zombie said:

You'll problem come out with a full bag of mizzys for fear of turning up at for by with gardening equipment ;)

you our get what works well slag u either way so it's a lose lose ;)

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Superb service from Close House and assistant pro Sally Hinton displayed excellent knowledge, customer service and patience! 

It is 2hrs drive from home for me but was well worth it.  

Unfortunately it showed me what appalling service and advice I was given by Gullane Golf Club and the fact I've been trying to play with inappropriate clubs that are 1" too short.  

But back on the positives.  Close House was simply awesome. 

Celtic_Bil

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
zombie said:
Superb service from Close House and assistant pro Sally Hinton displayed excellent knowledge, customer service and patience! 

It is 2hrs drive from home for me but was well worth it.  

Unfortunately it showed me what appalling service and advice I was given by Gullane Golf Club and the fact I've been trying to play with inappropriate clubs that are 1" too short.  

But back on the positives.  Close House was simply awesome. 
And.........any purchases?

Just paid forum day balance BTW :)

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Yup.  No running bird and no forged metal... 

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
zombie said:
So, does that mean with the new shinies, there will be a sudden drop in handicap just in time for the 5th Major ?

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Ha ha DCB, probably the opposite!  I'll need to get rid of my grip, stance and swing that I "developed" using I'll fitting clubs. 

Celtic_Bil

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
zombie said:
Yup.  No running bird and no forged metal... 
Ohhh.  I shall ask no more...

Hopefully if they are a better fit and perform well then you can start enjoying the game again.  You'll be top dog at Formby!

Top Bottom