HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
When Mizuno makes an iron, specified to be flat or upright, do they forge or cast it to the specified lie or bend a standard lie to get there?

Why can't I find anything on the web explaining the hosel settings on my ST-Z driver? None of the photos look like my shaft tip, with numerous settings like R+1 L+1, etc. What the hell does R stand for? Is the L for loft or lie?

Yeah, I'm bored, waiting for the final day of the President's Cup play to start.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Last edited:

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
So what I'm asking is, what does R stand for and what does L stand for, since it could be Loft or Lie...

There was a little plug in the butt of the grip, proclaiming this to be a Demo club. Could his hosel be something used in fittings, but necessarily the same as an off the rack club?

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Not seen anything like that before? - As you say, maybe a special adapter used by club fitters? - Could the L & R just signify Left & Right? - Hopefully someone will know?

Local club/country
Leven links
Driver
St200g
When Mizuno makes an iron, specified to be flat or upright, do they forge or cast it to the specified lie or bend a standard lie to get there?

Why can't I find anything on the web explaining the hosel settings on my ST-Z driver? None of the photos look like my shaft tip, with numerous settings like R+1 L+1, etc. What the hell does R stand for? Is the L for loft or lie?

Yeah, I'm bored, waiting for the final day of the President's Cup play to start.
Hi Dennis can you help me source 2 weights for an ST200G Driver ? Thank you.

LOS

Local club/country
England
Dennis I have posted on a couple of threads about this. L&R are just Left and Right handed . It has been used on Mizuno shafts for quite a while and will have rationalised the adapters down to one so it can be used irrespective of the std loft or wheter the head is for a left hander or right hande.

R+1 L-1 In a right handed head is 1 degree up from std and in a left handed head is 1 degree down from std.

While it doesn't mention the left handed position there was a brief video for the ST190

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Hi Dennis can you help me source 2 weights for an ST200G Driver ? Thank you.
I'll call Planet Golf, here in Miami, tomorrow, but the last time I spoke to Mizuno in Atlanta, I was told they would no longer sell weights and shaft tips through their dealers to individuals. I might have a better chance with a dealer making the call. I'll get back to you.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Dennis I have posted on a couple of threads about this. L&R are just Left and Right handed . It has been used on Mizuno shafts for quite a while and will have rationalised the adapters down to one so it can be used irrespective of the std loft or wheter the head is for a left hander or right hande.

R+1 L-1 In a right handed head is 1 degree up from std and in a left handed head is 1 degree down from std.

While it doesn't mention the left handed position there was a brief video for the ST190

I'm still confused. Is it possible this tip fits my ST-Z, but was not originally intended for it?

Right and left makes sense, but I need to look at it again. I have a 9.5 head. What I want to do is move it to 10.5 upright.

LOS

Local club/country
England
The more upright lie setting should be R+1U/L-1U.

Last edited:
Top Bottom