Astjean

HCP
Local club/country
Lachute Golf Club
Irons
JPX 921
Driver
Cobra Speedzone 9 degrees, stiff
Hi there, I’m a left handed, 6’2” , 60 years old and I’ve recently purchased a set of JPX 921 irons and I love ‘em, they look, feel and play great as expected!
My current configurations are, 1 inch longer and + 1 degree up. I have a question concerning the gapping.
Here’s what I’m getting on the course, a close to 10 yards between clubs, except…

6=170
7=160
8=150
9=140
PW=130
???=120
GW=110
SW=100
LW=90

Do I lengthen a GW 1 inch and a make 2 degrees stronger?
Do I shorten a PW 1 inch and make 2 degrees weaker?

I like to use a full swing at 150 and closer and at 120 I’ve got nothing, do you have a suggestion?
Thanks

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I'd talk to the fitter before you do any surgery on your clubs, but since I'm one who regularly does silly stuff to my irons, let me just mention a couple things. Sorry if this is stuff you already know...

If you lengthen a club 1", it will be about 6 swing weight points higher. You are 12 years younger than me, but swingweight starts to tire us guys approaching "middle age"... (yeah, I'm still trying to convince myself)

Check with Mizuno first to make sure the JPX921 can be bent as much as 2*, but keeping in mind that will change your bounce angle too. Maybe bending a few clubs minimally would be a better idea than looking for a dramatic solution with adjustment to just one club.

Keep us posted. Let us know how it works out.

Top Bottom