Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Here's the signature hole and view from my home club - a 160-meter par 3 over the water (177 from the tips). You can also see the following par 4  and the one after that - a dogleg par 4 coming down the hill. (Here's a link to a bigger photo: link.

I'm quite sure every club/course has one, show me yours!

ohwhatafinish

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX 850 Forged 5-PW xp115 stiff - Cleveland Rotex 2.0 wedges 50, 54 & 58
Driver
Titleist 915 D2 10.5, Cobra Fly Z Hybrid 16 deg, 20 deg & 24 degrees stiff flex
My home club is tpc sawgrass but my camera doesn't work at the moment

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
That looks beautiful Halebopp, lucky chap :)

Will try and get a nice footoo in the next few weeks, I guess our par 3 second is our signature hole but I'm never really sure why, probably the big sleepers and deep bunker at the front of the green.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
This is the 17th hole at Guildford though the photo doesn't really show the drop to the fairway & climb to the green (?)
Hopefully you will get the idea ... Paul

Attachments

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
ohwhatafinish said:
My home club is tpc sawgrass but my camera doesn't work at the moment
That 5th hole surely is unforgetable. :)

Bonobo, that course is very narrow (miss the fairway and the bit of rough and your ball is most probably lost) but it's amongst the most beautiful courses in the country (IMO and Golf Digest ranked it amongst the top courses in Finland). The 40-minute drive is also a slight minus but having two courses, almost always available tee times and rounds that usually take less than four hours are big pluses (when compared to the courses closer to the city that are always booked full days ahead and rounds take 4.5+ hours regularly).

Paul, that certainly looks beautiful!

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Killian Greens doesn't have a signature hole. In fact, if it was human, I doubt it could sign its own name.

While I still take lessons there, I'm about to start working at Palmetto, a very nice county owned public course a few miles south of my house. I went to their website looking for some nice pictures of the course and was really disappointed at what they have there. The main picture on their homepage is of a kid walking across one of the bridges that go over the lakes. I appreciate some pretty scenic views there, but whomever did their photography apparently couldn't find them.

Here's a link to their Facebook page. Palmetto

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900

Here's our signature hole, our 13th. It plays from a tee at the top of the hill down to the green on the right. The tee can just be seen with the dark bulk of Edinburgh Castle in the distance behind it. It's only just over 200yds but can play into the teeth of a westerly gale on occasion. As a result it can be anything between a 7 iron and a Driver depending on the breeze. The Tee at the top of the hill gives some excellent views over Edinburgh and down the Eats Lothian 'golf coast'. 

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
DCB said:
That's just incredible. South Florida is so flat a 3 foot rise in sea level would wipe out half the state. And castles??? There's no way we can compete with elegance like that. Very cool indeed!!!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Not the greatest photo in the world, however, the 18th at Torrance House is a short par 3 to finish.  An elevated tee, down a valley and back up onto the green.  Anything short or with a bit of spin on it ends up in the valley about 20ft below the putting surface.  It's a great finishing hole...

Attachments

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
My lucky bar steward brother is a member at Ballyliffin GC in Donegal (not just one, but two of the best links courses in Ireland) - This is the 7th on Glashedy Links - Varies from SW down-wind to driver into the wind! - Stunning place ... Paul

Attachments

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
PaulBoy said:
My lucky bar steward brother is a member at Ballyliffin GC in Donegal (not just one, but two of the best links courses in Ireland) - This is the 7th on Glashedy Links - Varies from SW down-wind to driver into the wind! - Stunning place ... Paul
Lucky man. Just don't call him a bar steward's brother :D

slash

HCP
ear2ear
Local club/country
Canada
Irons
MP64 & MP R
Driver
™ SuperTri v2

Stunning photo!  I love a golf course that uses what is natural to its surroundings, like the lake, rocks and vegetation vs a non links course that drops bunkers into play because that is what 'original' links courses have.

BTW, the photo is beautiful.

Mine is a sneaky 165 - 180 almost always into a slight lake breeze with a ribbon green.

My favourite away hole is at Pacific Dunes

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
My lucky Bar Steward brother is a member at Loch Lomond... :-(

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Pacific Dunes has a touch of the castle Stuart about it, real old style bunkering :)

Terry

HCP
Local club/country
Queensland
Irons
Lefty MP 60 ,5/pw,NS pro,950 gh reg , titleist 910 15,g30 18, g30 22,Tseries wedge. ,Ping Scottsdale
Driver
Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade

Terry

HCP
Local club/country
Queensland
Irons
Lefty MP 60 ,5/pw,NS pro,950 gh reg , titleist 910 15,g30 18, g30 22,Tseries wedge. ,Ping Scottsdale
Driver
Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade
Actually  above post is club down the road I play sometimes and  used to take corporate guests to. It is rated one of best public access courses in Oz. Augusta with gum trees
here is mine

Attachments

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
This was my second shot into the 14th hole at Eagle Ridge in Gilroy, California. My daughter's family lives in the Eagle Ridge subdivision on Braid Court, named after James Braid. All the streets are named after golfers or golf courses. Unlike flat south Florida, Gilroy has lots of hills, so it was fun to try keeping ball on the world as I navigated around. Most of the greens have at least 4 foot elevation changes from one part to another and they typically run around 11 on their Stimp Meter.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
I like the bunkering on that one Dennis. Fast greens bring out the best in people though :)

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
DCB said:
I like the bunkering on that one Dennis. Fast greens bring out the best in people though :)
That must be a highly diplomatic way of saying 3 or 4 putts per hole tends to make one control their language.

I hit 10 fairways and 12 greens that day. My ability to handle those greens was so non-existent that I shot 99. My 3rd putt on one hole rolled off the green. I chipped back and 2 putted for a 5 putt... I don't think I ever did that as a kid, much less an adult.

Top Bottom