Paint to use for cavity of flaked jpx 825 irons?

Typos

Local club/country
United States
Recently bought a set of used Mizuno JPX 825 (cast irons), and noticed that the dark paint of the cavity back has scratched/ flaked off. This looks to be a common problem for these irons as all the used JPX825 iron's have the same issue.

Curious if anyone had recommendations on how to touch up the cavity, and what kind of paint type and colour to use?

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
The JPX825 had a blue paint in the cavity, didn't it?

Nothing says you need to keep the color the same, but repainting irons has one problem. There are paint kits made to fill logos and names that go down into the metal, but if there is anything raised above the level of the cavity, it's hard to do a neat job repainting that after painting the cavity itself.

Could you post some pictures?

Typos

Local club/country
United States
Sure, it's the inside of the cavity. It seems like this happened to all the jpx 825 irons I see used online, here's a picture of one I found online. Unsure if it's a dark grey or black, and what type of paint

A-22329051791~2.jpg

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Hello ... I can't tell from a pic but it looks matt black to me? - I have used matt black paint from golfpaint.com to make similar touch ups - It is made for golf club heads, so if you follow their instructions to apply, you should get a decent result? - Other golf club paint should work likewise? - Good luck ... Paul

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
The hard part isn't painting in the cavity, it's cleaning up the raised portion, the decorative perimeter around the cavity and the running bird logo. I've made some hellacious messes trying to do that.

Top Bottom