HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
As I age, I am having trouble overcoming serious discomfort with clubs properly fitted for me.

I'm 6'7" tall. I have a comparatively short upper arm, nearly 1-1/4", so my club spec suggests at least a 1-1/2" extra long club length. In the past, some fitters even suggested longer extensions.

Here's the problem. It's 6 swing weight points per inch of extension, so my irons feel very head heavy in my hands. Back weighting fools the swing weight scale, but I still feel that heavy head weight.

About 10 months a year, I'm playing in very high heat and humidity. I feel I've reached a point where my fitting needs are in conflict with my golfing circumstances, and it's left me very uncomfortable.

What to do?

LOS

Local club/country
England
Are you using "A" or "B" heads in your Mizuno irons Dennis? The "B" heads are approx 6 gms lighter in the older irons, I don't know about the newer ones. If you are using an "A " head I would suggest trying to get a single "B " head, set up and see if you can feel any difference to begin with.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I've had both in the past and couldn't feel a difference in 6 grams. In these older MX1000 heads, I'd have to call Atlanta with the serial number to see if they could tell me.

Top Bottom