HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I wonder if this couldn't be a big opportunity for Mizuno at the PGA Merchandise Show? Apparently Taylormade, in their cost cutting effort, is not going to participate in the show this coming year. As reported, it said...

No TaylorMade at PGA Show?

Golfweek's Forecaddie with the news..."TaylorMade will not take part in the 2019 PGA Merchandise Show, The Forecaddie has learned. The deadline to commit came and went last week. The news is a blow to the annual January gathering of golf business principals."
  • "After conversations with TaylorMade Professional Staff members and key leaders within the golf industry, we will be investing into growth initiatives that we believe will create even greater value for the game of golf," wrote CEO David Abeles to TaylorMade staff professionals. "As a result of our additional spend, we have decided not to attend the 2019 PGA Merchandise Show."
  • Abeles delivered the news after noting TaylorMade's nearly 40-year dedication to the PGA of America and its members, insinuating that savings from eliminating the elaborate show effort will be part of a plan to broaden "support of PGA Professionals across the country." Abeles said details would be announced in the "coming months."

LOS

Local club/country
England
Dennis, Have you ever managed to wangle an invite to the show?
Is the show overhyped with regards to business dealings with club OEM's, most golf clubs seem to have been previewed already through social media, practice ranges on tour with the odd new club being shown and certainly in the UK we have had Demo days of the new clubs. I would have thought all the major buyers would have had their orders placed by now. I can understand some of the Tech companies showing their wares and also some of the non-club companies putting their ideas on display as fashioon and fany changes very quickly.
It isn't unusual for the OEM's not to attend and even Mizuno have missed before and reading some of the after show reports in recent years it appears to be very expensive to exhibit there.
Have you read this from 2017? https://mygolfspy.com/trends-and-observations-from-the-2017-pga-show/

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
We haven't exhibited in Orlando for a very long time. Might have an update on that though.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Interesting.;)

HCP
Local club/country
Compass Pointe/USA
Irons
JPX 900 Hot Metal 4-A
Driver
Srixon 565
It is confirmed by my Rep (USA) they Mizuno will be on the floor of the show. Ironically enough using part of the spot vacated by Taylormade.

Word is Bridgestone (another absentee from last year) will use part as well. For those who haven't been the typical TM space is easily large enough for two reasonable booths.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
My apologies for being so late getting back to this thread.

No, I've never been to the show. A local pro I worked with until a few years ago was going to get me a credential and he forgot. In recent years, I didn't want to be pushy, so I didn't press him on it. Orlando is about a 3 hour drive away. I don't know whether I could find a hotel room available so I could drive up one morning, go to the show all day, stay for the night and maybe go back to the show the next morning, then drive home the second day. It would be a bit rough to do that alone in one day. That's the other thing. A bunch of the pros were going together, but I was sort of the odd man out. I had nobody to go with. I think half the fun would be having someone to talk to about what we would be seeing.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Today was the last day of the show. A morning show on The Golf Channel was done from the showroom floor for 2 days, but i didn't see Mizuno featured during the 4 hours of television.

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
Anyone looking for some Excellent initial testing of the new Mizuno ST190 & ST190G drivers at the PGA show should search out the U-Tube videos from the two guy's at TXG Tour Experience Golf..!

I would have put up the link but I'm not really sure how to do it

Cheers

John

Kevmc

HCP
Local club/country
Kirkhill Golf Club
Irons
JPX900, Project X LZ 5.5 4-PW
Driver
ST180 Driver KURU KAGE TINI70 stiff shaft
Un beknown to myself I played a starring role at pga show during shotscopes media release I was used as a case study, as a thank you I’ve been invited to next years show :)

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
having seen some of the youtube videos out there, the Mizuno stand seems to have caused a bit of a stir and the new Drivers have certainly grabbed the headlines :)

Top Bottom