Old Mizuno Blades - Custom 5

ShedEndBoy

HCP
Local club/country
England
Hi
Looking for some help i recently purchased some quite old Mizuno clubs - i have had my luck in refurbishing them and then selling them on however my recent purchase i am failing to find any information on them.

They are quite old, Mizuno Custom 5 blades and have the gold graphite shafts on them. I was wondering does anyone have any information on these? i.e. when they were made, who are they designed for (men/women) etc.

They are lovely blades i must say and i am very tempted to use them for a few rounds myself once I've refurbished them. Attached a couple of photos so any advice/help on these much appreciated.

Screenshot_20210406-101051_WhatsApp.jpg

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Defo got the look of an old set of Mizuno Tp-5s with Exsar Gold Graphite Shafts. They may either be a Tour Van (Barry Willet Days) or maybe an Asian Tour Model, circa 1988 . Nice set though!

ShedEndBoy

HCP
Local club/country
England
Defo got the look of an old set of Mizuno Tp-5s with Exsar Gold Graphite Shafts. They may either be a Tour Van (Barry Willet Days) or maybe an Asian Tour Model, circa 1988 . Nice set though!
Thanks for this - certainly are very nice looking blades. I just cant find anything on internet on them. I need to put new grips on them and the sand iron has seen better days if im honest quite a bit of build of rust but hopefully going to get them looking nice and who knows have a whacks on the range see how they feel

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Doubt you'll get any further information unless its from Mizuno themselves in their archives. BE careful removing the grips from graphite shafts if doing yourself you'll have to co=ut the grips off physically not Stanley knife them, otherwise theres danger you might cut into the graphite shafts which will damage the shafts and worse potential for graphite splinters which are painful! Nice clubs though!

ShedEndBoy

HCP
Local club/country
England
Doubt you'll get any further information unless its from Mizuno themselves in their archives. BE careful removing the grips from graphite shafts if doing yourself you'll have to co=ut the grips off physically not Stanley knife them, otherwise theres danger you might cut into the graphite shafts which will damage the shafts and worse potential for graphite splinters which are painful! Nice clubs though!
Thanks - yeah i have the hook cutter, i'll bare in mind the splinters though might wear gloves! The shafts do look very nice i had a whack around this morning was a bit hard on the foot but they are relatively light compared to other blades I've played with. But they did fly.

Top Bottom