HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Does anyone play with the weights totally removed from their driver?

Since I recently started to play again, my EZ driver sometimes feels heavy. I only use one weight, in the back neutrol position, but I'm thinking about taking it out just to lighten the swingweight a bit. Of course, I wonder if I might pick up a few mph in swing speed in the bargain.

Your thoughts?

LOS

Local club/country
England
I assume that it is the 2016 driver. I believe having the weight in tneutral position creates a bit of extra backspin and higher flight therefore I would expect a loss of backspin and reduced height if you took it out. Don't your other mizuno weights fit this driver? If so you could try a lighter weight, if you have one, and see if thet is better for you.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Hi Dennis ... I don't see any problem doing this if it works for you but I'd suggest you have the swing weight checked first as I can't imagine Mizuno designed the club to be used without any weight in? - I'd expect it the swing weight to drop below the standard D0-D2 into the mid C range & although this might feel OK it would make the club feel incredibly light? - Any time I have tried to use a club with this sort of feel, I have always struggled, as although you do get more club head speed, I found it very difficult to hit the ball from the middle of the club face - Of course if that's what you want / like then knock yourself out ...
Paul

Top Bottom