No Golf For A While

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Good news Dennis, hope all goes well with the rehab :)

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Public Courses
Irons
JPX-900 Hot Metal
Driver
JPX-900
I've had 2 physical therapy sessions and just like people told me, I'm more sore now than before I started.

At my session last Friday, we had a conversation about what I could do at home to increase the workouts. Some of it was simple stuff like stretches using resistance against a long stretching pole I already own. Some had to do with compressing rubber balls between my wrists and some were just a matter of placing my hands on the sides of a door and stepping slightly forward. I did buy one piece of equipment, a ribbed hard rubber stick that you twist in both directions.

Tomorrow morning, I have another session at 7 AM and hope to go to the golf course and ride around with m y buddies after that. If I do, I'll have a wedge and putter with me to practice a bit along the way. I can't take the right arm back much beyond my waist in a typical backswing before it's painful, but it's definitely coming along.

Maybe in another month... I live in hope...

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Glad you are making progress Dennis

PaulBoy

HCP
Local club/country
Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons
MP4/MP15 4-PW PX6.0
Driver
M3 c/w Oban Kiyoshi PRP / PX Hzrdus Yellow
Keep up the good work Dennis ... Paul

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Public Courses
Irons
JPX-900 Hot Metal
Driver
JPX-900
It’s the “ribbed hard rubber stick” that worries me.
Look it up on the web. It's called a Theraband Flexbar. It came with a paper showing 16 different exercises you can do with it, 4 of which apply to my needs. This thing could be a weapon.

Unfortunately, I was unable to go to PT this morning. I am too much pain, a constant burning sensation in the front of my shoulder. Until I see my orthopedist to determine whether I've reinjured myself, I don't want to complicate things with PT. More than anything, I'm losing sleep because of the pain. Friends have recommended or given me all sorts of creams and roll on freezing agents that don't seem to help other than to create a different feeling on the skin that distracts me from the pain. Some of these things don't exactly smell very good, so I'm a bit worried about being too social right now. ;-) One particular hemp oil product has a peculiar aroma I can't even describe except to say, my wife doesn't even want me in the same room with her.

Sometimes, even my dog looks at me with a strange look on his face. i don't care what some medicine might do for me. That's taking things way too far.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Public Courses
Irons
JPX-900 Hot Metal
Driver
JPX-900
I met the Orthopedist this morning. He wants me to have another MRI on the right shoulder. He thinks I've damaged it by being put on active PT the week after surgery. Apparently that was not his instructions and the girl in his office made a mistake scheduling me to start PT when he didn't want me to start until about now.. For the time being, I'm on orders to completely rest the shoulder, not lift anything, not drive and he said if I have too hard a time not using it, I should go back to wearing the sling.

I'm basically back to square 1...

MRI is around noon on October 2nd.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Public Courses
Irons
JPX-900 Hot Metal
Driver
JPX-900
Well, the MRI shows another tear in one of the muscles making up the rotator cuff. The tear is in line with the fiber of the muscle, so if it's rested and treated right, it should heal on its own without surgery. The doctor thinks it happened becuse of the PT routine I was given being too active, too soon after surgery.

In the meantime, I start rehab again tomorrow and it's supposed to be totally passive, no muscular effort with my right arm, just minor stretching to maintain some range of motion. It's going to be a lot longer before I can play again now, but surgery would be longer still.

A friend half joked that I should get a golf video game. Maybe she's right.

PaulBoy

HCP
Local club/country
Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons
MP4/MP15 4-PW PX6.0
Driver
M3 c/w Oban Kiyoshi PRP / PX Hzrdus Yellow
Hi Dennis ... Sorry to hear things have gone backwards somewhat - Good news that you are now on the correct course of treatment & hopefully you will recover sooner rather than later - You must have the patience of a saint? - I would have been hauled off to the asylum a long time ago ... Paul

Audioclyde

HCP
Local club/country
Oaks Country Club, Tulsa, OK
Irons
MP H4 3-PW Nippon 950 Stiff, S5 50, 55 & 60 wedges
Driver
TM M2 Hzrdus Red 6.0
Hang in there Dennis; here's hoping that things start going positively from here on and you are back on the course soon.

Top Bottom