WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
Went back and had an other swing DNA done today at AG

I've been having problems with the distances I've been hitting my irons over the past few months as my swing speed mph has been dropping off due to my on going arthritic problems, I just cant swing the club as fast as I used to...!

Here are two of my previous DNA numbers the first from 2012 and the second from 2017

(2012) DNA numbers were 77,7,4,4,5 shafts custom fitted were XP105 R flex,

(2017) DNA numbers 71,6,5,2,7 shafts custom fitted were KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 105 R flex

And here are my numbers from today,

(2019) DNA 65.6,6,4,8 as usual 3 recommended shafts came up cant remember what they were but two were steel and one of them was a Graphite shaft,

after trying out the 3 shafts recommended by the DNA software and also trying out other alternatives It came down to the following two shafts:
  1. Project X LZ Graphite 3.5 lite 45g Mid-High
  2. Project X LZ Graphite A 4.0 60g Mid-High
Both shafts felt super smooth to swing and performed really well with a similar ball flight, distance wise they were more or less the same the only difference between the two if I was to be picky would be the dispersion left & right was a bit tighter with the A 4.0 flex 60g shaft,

Next thing I need to do now is pick which one to go with and get them fitted in my JPX900 Hot Metal's,

One more plus point about to day was I got to demo the new JPX 919 Hot Metal irons and I can confirm they are an excellent iron and an other winner for Mizuno.

Cheers

John :)

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
John,

I've got your 2nd option shafts in the set of 900s that I picked up just towards the end of last season. I was impressed with them from the first hit. With my slower swing speed they are a revaluation. Very pleased with distance, flight and dispersion.

If you're looking to change out your 900s there is a Pro through here that may be what you are looking for Scott Gourlay is a well respected and knowledgeable guy and I'd a "go to" man for many through here. He's on FB and is based at Swanton Golf Club in Edinburgh. Also works at a place out by Linlithgow, who's name has slipped ......

Hope that helps.

David

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
John,

I've got your 2nd option shafts in the set of 900s that I picked up just towards the end of last season. I was impressed with them from the first hit. With my slower swing speed they are a revaluation. Very pleased with distance, flight and dispersion.

If you're looking to change out your 900s there is a Pro through here that may be what you are looking for Scott Gourlay is a well respected and knowledgeable guy and I'd a "go to" man for many through here. He's on FB and is based at Swanton Golf Club in Edinburgh. Also works at a place out by Linlithgow, who's name has slipped ......

Hope that helps.

David
Hi David,

I think i'm going to go with the A-flex 4.00 60g shaft as that was the one that gave me the best overall results, although the 3,5 lite 43g shaft was a good performing shaft only thing that bothered me about it was the flight was a bit on the higher side so the shots didn't look to carry as far and the left to right dispersion yardage wasn't as good..!

AG have already given me the cost for having the shafts replaced and new grips fitted, I had already looked around for the best price on the net and AG not only price matched this but gave me a better price to have it done through them,

They are sending the irons back to Mizuno Cumbernauld to have the shafts fitted they said the turn around should be about 7/10 days,

The only thing they were not sure of do the irons go back with the original shafts still fitted or do they only send the iron heads back,

They are phoning Mizuno tomorrow to check what the procedure is,

Cheers

John.

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Got my JPX 900 Hot Metal irons 5-PW back to day after returning them to Mizuno Cumbernauld to have them fitted with new Project X LZ 4.0 R flex 60G Graphite shafts and Black White multi compound grips, must say they look really good with the black shaft and the white/black grips,

Sent them back on Thursday last week got them back today Wednesday that’s a 5 working day turn around well done Mizuno
Excellent service, they have also included 6 black head covers that were in the box along with the irons..! BD82225B-9DAE-44BC-99D8-0EC1E748AADC.jpeg

When I originally had them custom fitted the etched number on the iron head was 231017-C which is the day month and year that they were assembled, I’ve just noticed that there is now an other etched number been added to the heads that reads they were assembled on 220119-R

Ps, I now have 6 off KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 105 R flex shafts fitted with Black/Red Golf Pride New Decade Multi coumpound grips all in excellent condition if anyone should be interested in them please PM me.

Cheers
John.

Last edited:

eddzoid

HCP
Local club/country
Swaffhamgc.co.uk
Irons
JPX919 HOT METAL 5-PW , S5 54/58 WEDGES, LINE90 #2 PUTTER
Driver
JPX900
My new 919s with the same 60g shaft. I also had them on my 900s. much better Trackman numbers with these bad boys attached. JPX919.jpg

eddzoid

HCP
Local club/country
Swaffhamgc.co.uk
Irons
JPX919 HOT METAL 5-PW , S5 54/58 WEDGES, LINE90 #2 PUTTER
Driver
JPX900
John,

Hope that helps.

David
My former pro in Norfolk took over from Scott at Craigmiller. His name is Alan Wright.

iamlaners

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
JPX 900 4-PW
Hi guys,

Question for you all. Are you able to order shafts somewhere or what is the best way to get a new shaft fitted?

I've recently bought an MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron with Project X LZ 6.0 steel shaft (same shaft as the rest of my set) but to be honest I haven't really felt confident with the setup. I'm looking to give the Project X LZ Tour 6.0 graphite shaft in it a go and see if it can soften the impact and help me flight it a little better.

Struggling to find more information on this.

Andrew

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Hi guys,

Question for you all. Are you able to order shafts somewhere or what is the best way to get a new shaft fitted?

I've recently bought an MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron with Project X LZ 6.0 steel shaft (same shaft as the rest of my set) but to be honest I haven't really felt confident with the setup. I'm looking to give the Project X LZ Tour 6.0 graphite shaft in it a go and see if it can soften the impact and help me flight it a little better.

Struggling to find more information on this.

Andrew
Might be a bit late replying to your post but only just saw it,

This is purely my personal opinion but if it was me,

First off I would have a Demo fitting done with this shaft in the MMC Fl-Hi 3 iron to make sure if performs better than the shaft that's already fitted and gives you what you are looking for...!

Then You could do what I did recently with my set of irons and ask American Golf or your nearest Mizuno golf franchise for a price for having the MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron sent back to Mizuno Cumbernauld to be re-shafted as that's one of the shaft options that they do for the MMC Fl-Hi 3 iron,

I recently had a similar problem with my 19deg CLK Hybrid I bought it at a good price but it had a Fujikura Pro X-stiff shaft fitted and I just could not play it as it was way to stiff for me,

So I got an after market Project X 5 A-flex graphite shaft fitted to it by Luke Searle Golf,

Hope this helps,

John

Top Bottom