HCP
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
JPX-900 H M 5-PW KBS Tour C-taper lite R flex
Driver
GT180 11.5deg TENSEI CK Series 50 A-Flex
Went back and had an other swing DNA done today at AG

I've been having problems with the distances I've been hitting my irons over the past few months as my swing speed mph has been dropping off due to my on going arthritic problems, I just cant swing the club as fast as I used to...!

Here are two of my previous DNA numbers the first from 2012 and the second from 2017

(2012) DNA numbers were 77,7,4,4,5 shafts custom fitted were XP105 R flex,

(2017) DNA numbers 71,6,5,2,7 shafts custom fitted were KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 105 R flex

And here are my numbers from today,

(2019) DNA 65.6,6,4,8 as usual 3 recommended shafts came up cant remember what they were but two were steel and one of them was a Graphite shaft,

after trying out the 3 shafts recommended by the DNA software and also trying out other alternatives It came down to the following two shafts:
  1. Project X LZ Graphite 3.5 lite 45g Mid-High
  2. Project X LZ Graphite A 4.0 60g Mid-High
Both shafts felt super smooth to swing and performed really well with a similar ball flight, distance wise they were more or less the same the only difference between the two if I was to be picky would be the dispersion left & right was a bit tighter with the A 4.0 flex 60g shaft,

Next thing I need to do now is pick which one to go with and get them fitted in my JPX900 Hot Metal's,

One more plus point about to day was I got to demo the new JPX 919 Hot Metal irons and I can confirm they are an excellent iron and an other winner for Mizuno.

Cheers

John :)

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
John,

I've got your 2nd option shafts in the set of 900s that I picked up just towards the end of last season. I was impressed with them from the first hit. With my slower swing speed they are a revaluation. Very pleased with distance, flight and dispersion.

If you're looking to change out your 900s there is a Pro through here that may be what you are looking for Scott Gourlay is a well respected and knowledgeable guy and I'd a "go to" man for many through here. He's on FB and is based at Swanton Golf Club in Edinburgh. Also works at a place out by Linlithgow, who's name has slipped ......

Hope that helps.

David

seanmor

HCP
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
JPX-900 H M 5-PW KBS Tour C-taper lite R flex
Driver
GT180 11.5deg TENSEI CK Series 50 A-Flex
John,

I've got your 2nd option shafts in the set of 900s that I picked up just towards the end of last season. I was impressed with them from the first hit. With my slower swing speed they are a revaluation. Very pleased with distance, flight and dispersion.

If you're looking to change out your 900s there is a Pro through here that may be what you are looking for Scott Gourlay is a well respected and knowledgeable guy and I'd a "go to" man for many through here. He's on FB and is based at Swanton Golf Club in Edinburgh. Also works at a place out by Linlithgow, who's name has slipped ......

Hope that helps.

David
Hi David,

I think i'm going to go with the A-flex 4.00 60g shaft as that was the one that gave me the best overall results, although the 3,5 lite 43g shaft was a good performing shaft only thing that bothered me about it was the flight was a bit on the higher side so the shots didn't look to carry as far and the left to right dispersion yardage wasn't as good..!

AG have already given me the cost for having the shafts replaced and new grips fitted, I had already looked around for the best price on the net and AG not only price matched this but gave me a better price to have it done through them,

They are sending the irons back to Mizuno Cumbernauld to have the shafts fitted they said the turn around should be about 7/10 days,

The only thing they were not sure of do the irons go back with the original shafts still fitted or do they only send the iron heads back,

They are phoning Mizuno tomorrow to check what the procedure is,

Cheers

John.

Top Bottom