New Mizuno JPX 800 Pro Owner

HCP
Local club/country
Cog Hill, USA
Irons
JPX 800 Pros
Driver
Cobra SH-9/10.5/UST V2
Just thought I would say hi from the USA!! I recently got fitted here in the US at a Mizuno Demo Day and got fitted with a set of JPX 800 Pros with PX 5.0. What a great day I had. The Miz Rep Lou was very knowledgeable, thought these irons would be an excellent fit for me. My optimizer settings were right on with my own experience. I got a real good deal with the PX 5.0s at no extra cost due to the Demo Day. My first round with them went like I expected, long, accurate and satisfying.

One day, I was trying out the Callaway Razr X Tours when the sales guy asked me to try out this mystery club. Without looking at it, I made some swings and immediatly noticed all the things these clubs are famous for. I kept saying to myself, "What is this club". I then turned the club over and saw it was the JPX 800 Pros. I knew nothing about this iron, but WOW, what sweet clubs. Loved the look, feel and performance. Being the same price as the Callaway's, it was a no brainer. Did my research and went to the Demo Day, and the rest is history.

One last thing, I can't get over the popularity of this brand here in Europe vs the US. I had no problems finding plenty of love, reviews, comments, etc for these clubs. Hardly any for the Razr X Tours.

My home club is Cog Hill in Lemont, IL. This is where the BMW Championship is held on a little course known as Dubs Dread.

Thanks,
golfnut1982

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Welcome to the forum - nice club choice - and yes you're in the right place for positive Mizuno reviews :)

Nurburgring151

HCP
Local club/country
www.lingfieldpark.co.uk
Irons
MP-18 3-pw kbs c-taper
Driver
JPX 850 Project X 6.0
welcome to the forum. i myself have the same clubs and am super impressed by them.

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX 800 Pro KBS Tour X Stiff +0.25 2 deg Upright 3 -PW
Driver
Titleist 910f d2 10.5 Aldila RIP stiff
I've been struggling for a while with my titleist AP2s in fact I've never really got on with them and in particular hated the Project X shafts. Id heard a few good things about the JPX 800 Pro and made a fitting Appointment with Mizuni at their fitting centre in Wrexham.
I had a bit of a nightmare with my Sat Nav but got there late expecting to have missed the appointment. Simon very kindly stayed late and in that hour i learnt more about golf shafts and what they can do than in the whole of my golfing career. What is nice is to be able to see the ball flight allied to the trackman figures and we soon had it narrowed down to the JPX pro and KBS shafts -ordering them tomorrow I cant wait.
For those on the fence dont wait, go and get fitted these clubs are special

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
Welcome to the forum. Good to have more from state side. I'm off to th US in May for some golf.

pinky

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MX300 3-PW/ Wedges MPT
Driver
Ping G15 10.5 Stiff
Welcome aboard the fun house.

Dutch

HCP
Local club/country
Kenilworth GC, Warwickshire
Irons
MP59 PX5.5/ 4-PW, MPT-11 52/7 & 58/10, putter -SC Del Mar
Driver
Titleist 910D2 / 10.5 Diamana Kai'li R, 3W 910Fd / Kai'li S , Rescues 910 19/ Kai'li S & MP CLK 23 Fubuki S
Down the Middle said:
I've been struggling for a while with my titleist AP2s in fact I've never really got on with them and in particular hated the Project X shafts. Id heard a few good things about the JPX 800 Pro and made a fitting Appointment with Mizuni at their fitting centre in Wrexham.
I had a bit of a nightmare with my Sat Nav but got there late expecting to have missed the appointment. Simon very kindly stayed late and in that hour i learnt more about golf shafts and what they can do than in the whole of my golfing career. What is nice is to be able to see the ball flight allied to the trackman figures and we soon had it narrowed down to the JPX pro and KBS shafts -ordering them tomorrow I cant wait.
For those on the fence dont wait, go and get fitted these clubs are special
First of all, welcome to another convert from the States.

Down the middle - interesting because i had the AP2s (changed from MP30s) with project x 5.5 - could not live with them - the flight was higher than i liked and the clubs were nowhere near the feel you get with the old or current MP range. Moved on after 12 months to the MP58s after a fitting session. Awesome.

I've heard nothing but great things about the JPX 800 pro, so no doubt you will enjoy them. have fun.

Dutch

702pokrman

HCP
Local club/country
Las Vegas Paiute
Irons
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 4-PW w/GS95 Reg
Driver
Titleist 910D2 9.5 Diamana Ilima Reg
Greetings all! I, too, am a newbie to the forum from the states (Sin City- Las Vegas). Enjoy the comments and knowledge of Mizzy owners here on the Forum. Just recently purchased my set of pros, and cannot say enough about them. Just right for a mid-capper like myself. They are exactly what Mizuno intended them to be, a perfect blend of G.I. and player irons. Previously gamed Ping G15's, but as the handicap lowered a bit, decided to go a different route. Hit these at a local golf shop, and ordered a set on the spot. To me, they possess all of the qualities of a G.I. iron, with the addition of great forged feel. They also are very easy on the eyes, contrary to most other G.I. irons. Still in the honeymoon stage, but don't think it will change!

mattymp62

HCP
Local club/country
Cherwell Edge GC
Irons
MP-62
This is all great, but not for my bank balance, it's making me want to just order a new set!

Birthday next month so I might treat myself :)

HCP
Local club/country
Cog Hill, USA
Irons
JPX 800 Pros
Driver
Cobra SH-9/10.5/UST V2
Just wanted to check in and say Hello! I just realized that I bought my JPX 800 Pro's 10 years ago (2011) and are still playing them. Wow time flies...

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
I was going to say "how could you keep one set for 10 years?" but I realised that I have a set of MX20 irons that I bought new in 2000! - They are in a friends place in Asturias (Spain) so I only get to play with them when I visit (so not for a year & counting :() - They still go well, but the heads look enormous compared to the usual MP irons I have played with of late (MP5's currently)
Paul

Last edited:

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
I had a set of these when they were first released. Lovely clubs to hit, think I ended up moving them in to another forum member a few years later. I remember doing the fitting on a Monday morning, ordered them and picked them up on the Friday of the same week,morose were the days. They weren't standard either 😉

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
Loved my 800 pros too. Great clubs..think they were my first mizuno. 🤔

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, STG 180 3Wood, JPX 900 Rescue 19 degree , MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno STZ 10.5 degree
Mine were the MX23's, wished I kept them :(

Malek988

HCP
Local club/country
Northern Ireland
Irons
Mizuno JPX825 5-PW
Driver
Callaway RazrFit Xtreme 10.5 Stiff
Just wanted to check in and say Hello! I just realized that I bought my JPX 800 Pro's 10 years ago (2011) and are still playing them. Wow time flies...
Still playing my JPX825's from 2013.... Couldn't part with them.

Top Bottom