MattF

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
Tp11
Driver
Macgregor murefield
I've not played much golf in the last 20 years, but have just started playing again.

I'm still using TP11's at the moment, and am looking for suggestions / recommendations for a replacement set.

Things have moved on so much i don't know where to start.
I love the look and feel of the TP11's but had a go with a friend mp64 and found them more forgiving.

Any suggestions appreciated.

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
One question. Have you just woken from a 30 year hibernation ? or gunned the DeLorean to 88mph and travelled from 1990 to 2020? Not only do you have TP11s in your bag but Mac Muirfield Driver assuming persimmon and not the metal wood range circa 1989? Go for the MP20 MB blades for a turbo charged upgrade and call it a day!

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
One question. Have you just woken from a 30 year hibernation ? or gunned the DeLorean to 88mph and travelled from 1990 to 2020? Not only do you have TP11s in your bag but Mac Muirfield Driver assuming persimmon and not the metal wood range circa 1989? Go for the MP20 MB blades for a turbo charged upgrade and call it a day!
Great choice from WC there, but if you don't plan to buy new, and / or prefer to pick up a nice used set, I'd suggest the MP5's - They look quite similar to your TP11's but will be so much easier to hit - They are a bit bigger than your usual "blade" & there is even a hint of forgiveness
Welcome back & good luck ... Paul

HCP
Local club/country
Northumberland
Irons
MP H5
Driver
ST190
I’m a once per week 6hcp, therefore bit of a struggle to maintain playing to 6.
I’m considering new irons soon. I’ll be trying the current JPX and MP range. A combo set is most likely.

HCP
Local club/country
Ireland
Irons
Mizuno / JPX921 Tour / 4-PW
Driver
Mizuno / ST200 / STIFF
I've ordered just there last week a set of JPX921 Tour irons 4-PW cannot wait to get my hands on them. Ordered through Halpenny Golf in Ireland.

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Gosh, TP11! Beautiful ornaments.

I would suggest a second hand set of JPX900 forged 4 to PW. They can be picked up in good knick now for under 300, they are a lovely iron which will give you good workability feel and forgiveness IMVHO

Top Bottom