Kris

HCP
Local club/country
Thailand
Irons
Mizuno MX 200 5-PW,GW,SW graphite regular
Driver
TM XR05 CTI 10deg, GD SL4 shaft
What is the maximum degree of loft angle that can be altered for the MX 200 irons. I understand that by changing the loft, the bounce and offset is altered as well. For example, if I decrease the loft of a 7 iron from 33deg to 31deg what is the impact on the performance of the iron ? (other than increase in distance)

Thank You

HCP
Local club/country
Palm-Aire & Boca Municipal/South Florida, USA
Irons
Mizuno MX-200
Driver
Taylormade Burner
I read in a post from "Joshella" (Mizuno rep) that the maximum loft change is 2 degrees to avoid damage to the clubs' finish. I don't know what effect that will have on lie angle and performance, though.

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
Kris said:
What is the maximum degree of loft angle that can be altered for the MX 200 irons. I understand that by changing the loft, the bounce and offset is altered as well. For example, if I decrease the loft of a 7 iron from 33deg to 31deg what is the impact on the performance of the iron ? (other than increase in distance)

Thank You
I was told with my irons that 2 degrees is the maximum and there is a 1 to 1 ratio between loft and bounce.

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto
Hi guys

The maximum lie angle adjustment depends on the length of the club. We have std weight heads (for std length) that are std lie. We also have lighter weight heads (for +1/2" or longer) that are already 2 degrees upright. From there we only recommend bending them 2 degrees so that gives us a range from 2 degrees flat to 4 degrees upright.

Due to the soft nature of our forgings and the chrome finish if we bend to outside of that range we can end up marking the necks. On tour that isn't a problem as the players are more concerned that the lie is correct for them. Some of our consumers won't accept possible marking to the neck as so keep them within our recommended range. Having said all that it is unusual for someone to require a lie angle outside of 2 flat to 4 up.

As for loft adjustment, for every degree stronger we bend them reduces the bounce by a degree and adds more offset.

Sorry for such a long explanation!

Best regards, UTY

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
unbeatenthisyear said:
Hi guys

Having said all that it is unusual for someone to require a lie angle outside of 2 flat to 4 up.

Best regards, UTY
Hey Man,

I'm 4 degrees flat - does that make me "unusual"?

BTW - That was a rhetorical question - Don't answer that!! :)

Top Bottom