MP37's for sale

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Reluctantly having to put my 37's up for sale as space is becoming an issue with all of my other Mizuno irons.
Excellent condition, no marks on the faces, shafts are mint and original grips VGC. The 3 iron has been regripped but was part of the original set. There is one scrape on the bottom of the PW caused by a bunker stone, but it has not gone through the chrome and can be ground/polished out.
£200 for 3 to PW and £90 for the rare 2i, or £250 for the 10 irons.
Cheers.
Anyone interested I can send photos.
Steve 😀

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
PS the shafts are R300, but these days there is not that much difference between R300 and S300. A pro recently told me that good quality regular steel shafts are perfectly fine for even 100mph swing speed and that it is the kick point not the flex that determines how stiff a shaft feels. 😀😀
I would take that info from the ‘pro’ and tell him he is talking tripe. Swing speed affects the load, which affects the toe down, which affects the face angle..... not to add in the kick point to complicate that the ball is already way offline before that 😬😬😬

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
Weight of shaft can make a regular feel stiffer, but it’s not really

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
Yes, shafts are much closer together now in terms of stiffness, especially with the introduction of ‘Lites’ and the PX soft step of firm (5.5) & Tour stiff (6.5).

You’re right about torque. The ability to keep the club face square is what all golfers desire. High torque shafts tend to be heavier and stiffer because the torque is needed under greater stress.

Lie angle is massively important to start line, but, unless you have a consistent swing, alteration of lie angle can lead to more bad shots due to swing plane changes.
Most tour golfers have their irons at a negative lie angle to neutral in the region of -3° to -1°. This is because you can swing harder with a flatter lie angle without getting heel dig and turning the toe over.

Top Bottom