HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
Mp-32
Driver
Ping g 10•
Hi ,
Currently gaming the mp32s after being fitted for m6 irons and paying a lot of money ! Found they no longer suit my game I was 19 handicap when I got fitted and wished I had waited instead of jumping in.But it’s all a learning curve I guess, I’ve managed to get my handicap down to 13.6 I’m just under a year so very happy. After picking up a very cheap set of mp32 with s300 shafts I was pleasantly surprised how forgiving they were, I mean as a high handicap I was able to play them and they have improved my game they feel a lot more accurate than the m6 irons I was fitted for ? I hit a good distance but fight a slice sometimes but with these I found my misses short and right rather than long and gone with the game improvement m6 irons.

Anyways that’s my quick update.. I’m hoping someone could tell me what the closet match to my lovely mp32 would be ??
Know they are ok for a while but decent sets are few and far between.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Pro Danny Lee made a bit of a cult name for himself in 2019 by playing on PGA Tour with a set of MP32 irons - I see that in 2020 he is using the MP20's (?)
There are plenty of "bladey" Mizuno irons that would fit the bill between the 32's and the 20's - Knock yourself out!
Paul

Deano007

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
Mp-32
Driver
Ping g 10•
Yeah I see that story, shows how good they really are. Was hoping someone would know the closest match to the 32s - swingweight , feel , look etc ...

LOS

Local club/country
England
There have been a number of disussions on Golfwrx over this, including the last 2 weeks, and no one can provide a definitive answer as everone sees things differently. There were 3 cut muscle designs from Mizuno at the same time and none since and with technology advances in head designs they have moved on. Playing with old clubs makes a nice change, I occasionally play MP60's, but my modern clubs make the game easier and more consistent for me.

Std specs for the MP32:-
1592551305109.png

You will find a lot of modern clubs do not have anything like these specs and if you are considering Mizuno I suggest you get fitted with their shaft optimiser 3D

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
MP32's were (are?) some of the best ever imho. Very playable in a small profile, kinda sneaky. If it were not for the sole design not suiting my swing, I'd have played them for sure. As an in-between-er, the MP5 might be worth a look since you might be able to pick 'm up cheap. More 'blade' like but stil easier than the package suggests. As for a modern day alternative, the 20MMC might surprise you.

Impact feel, look etc is very personal, so you'd best try some side by side. As for (swing)weight and feel, a good builder should be all you need.

Deano007

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
Mp-32
Driver
Ping g 10•
Thanks for the replies,
will have to try a few out was hoping to avoid a fitting if possible as they are not cheap. But I’ll stick with the mp32s for now and try a few newer models once in ready 👍.
As for the newer or more modern clubs provide more help I really didn’t find this was the case for myself .. I would say they do help for maintaining distance on bad hits but that is not a good thing for myself. That’s not to say the mp32 are low handicap players clubs ? As I find them a much better match to my swing. Probably has a lot to do with the nice heavy s300 dynamic gold shafts too.

LOS

Local club/country
England
Thanks for the replies,
will have to try a few out was hoping to avoid a fitting if possible as they are not cheap. But I’ll stick with the mp32s for now and try a few newer models once in ready 👍.
As for the newer or more modern clubs provide more help I really didn’t find this was the case for myself .. I would say they do help for maintaining distance on bad hits but that is not a good thing for myself. That’s not to say the mp32 are low handicap players clubs ? As I find them a much better match to my swing. Probably has a lot to do with the nice heavy s300 dynamic gold shafts too.
As your clubs are getting quite old have you had the lofts and lies checked? If not you should as some of them could be out of spec.

Top Bottom