AMartin

HCP
Local club/country
France
Irons
JPX900 Forged 5-PW
Driver
JPX900
I am about to change from JPX900 forged set to a blended MP20 bag. My JPXs were fitted at +0.5”, but I noticed on the specs that the MP20s are typically 0.25” longer as standard than the JPX900s.

For consistency, should I therefore get the MP20s at the difference (+0.25”)...or stick with the generic fitting measurement of +0.5”?

Thanks

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
If you were buying off the rack I would just buy them with the stock length they come in, but if ordering as a custom set I would get them with the extra .25" added
I have had a number of fittings since Mizuno started doing so & for a perfect fit would also have +.25" but I have had several sets without this (buying used or off the rack) & never had a problem playing with the .25" missing? - I think it is such a small difference that a club golfer would not notice the difference, whereas if you needed half an inch or more added (or removed) that would make quite a difference?
Paul

AMartin

HCP
Local club/country
France
Irons
JPX900 Forged 5-PW
Driver
JPX900
Thanks Paul. I have ordered custom made and done exactly that. 0.25” longer on all except the PW at 0.5”. I agree the difference is negligible but when splashing out for a custom set, I want it right in my mind at least!
cheers, Andrew

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
It's a bit late now but I would've checked if Mizuno had simply changed their listings of shaft lengths from without the grip to include the grip (which is why their shafts were listed a quarter of an inch shorter than some other manufacturers, despite the fact they actually were the same length).

Top Bottom