Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
PaulBoy, WalkerCup,

We’ve been chatting about long irons and long iron replacements. Well I purchased a MP-H5 3i with a Tour Issue Oban Oi 103g X Stiff shaft fitted from non other than ET player, Chris Hanson!
It is an absolute rocket launcher and if you can get one custom fit from somewhere or your club builder friend paul, I would highly recommend. It’s probably the smoothest club I’ve ever hit and the shaft is unbelievable for performance.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Hi Brattz ... Sounds like you've landed a winner there! - I saw my Mizuno man recently & he still has a few of the MP-H4 heads - AFAIK the MP-H5 is pretty much the same head with a bit of a makeover, but in my own case I tried a Titleist TMB 3 iron recently & didn't like it, but I now have a Cobra King Utility & have been hitting it really well - I have the same S300 AMT shaft in it as my 900T's & like the fact that I can change the loft to play it as a 3 iron or a 2 iron (?)
Cheers ... Paul

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Both sound winners Gents! Would you both say that 3 iron is all you need rather than 2 iron? You can hit it ab it lower or further if need be? Paul , appreciate you can did the loft down on your hand cannon.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
I hit the 3i on average 225yd so it sits nicely between 4i at 210yds and 3wd at 240yd

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
I can't comment on distances for now as I have been struggling with my back recently & have to use a scaled down swing to play at the minute (at least a club down on distance with my irons) - What I can say is the King Utility is a lovely club to hit off the tee & the deck (similar rounded sole to the the H4 & 5) - Also hollow & forged like the H4 & 5, but more versatile (imho) as loft can be adjusted from 18* - 21* including some draw settings - Mine has a black head with matching black version of the S300 AMT - If Darth Vader needed a driving iron this would be the one he would pick!
Paul

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Sounds good gents. Had 716TMB 2 iron, flew off the face so pretty tricky to shape. Must admit like the look of the cobra darth vadar though Paul sounds like something I could work with. Brattz Hand cannon sounds like a complete one off and you should defo keep it,sounds irreplaceable

Top Bottom