MP Fairway Wood Shafts.

HCP
Local club/country
Waltham Windmill
Irons
Snake Eyes Blades 2-58* with Nippon 1150 tour shafts pured.
Driver
Mizuno MP 630 10.5* UST Axivcore Black Series 66g
About a month ago I bought the new MP fairway wood 15* fitted with this Mitsubishi Fubuki 74 MTS shaft. While I like the head design the shaft just does not work for me at all, I get a lot of slices goin on which I do not like, a gentle fade I can cope with but not slices. I play with the MP 600 10.5* fitted with Aldila VS Proto 65-S shaft which works a treat, so I'm thinking of fitting the same shaft in the 3 wood.

Question is, What do I need to bear in mind, ie tip diameter, shaft weight as in do I need heavier shaft in the 3 wood than I've got in the Driver, extraction of the shaft, etc.

I'm not to clued up in club fitting so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
M4RSH

Fitter

HCP
+1
Local club/country
Scotland
Irons
MP69 3-PW / R-12 Blk Ni 52/56/60 DG S300
Driver
MP650 9.5 UST Black / MP 15* UST Black
Mizuno can offer you this Aldila shaft in a fairway in 85 grams only. Although it is not offered in the MP range normally, a re-shaft is possible. Please take the club to your local Mizuno stockist to arrange an uplift if you are interested. Regards, Fitter.

ChuckD

HCP
Local club/country
Sydney
Irons
MP59 KBS Tour, MP T4 50, MP-T10 54, MP-T 58
Driver
Callaway Octane Tour 9.5 ProLaunch Red Xstiff
M4rsh, I have the Rayon shaft in my driver (MP600, 9.5*), and I dont think I like it either. I have an NVS reg in my 3W(TM Vsteel) and I hit it great, but lose my drives to the right more often than not. I know it could be swing mechanics, but I feel Im swinging it identical to the 3 wood, but with different results. I feel like I really have to release and roll my hands through impact which feels unnatural and forced. Im going to be fitted today for an Aldila Shaft in my driver, but what kind of swing do you have?? Im not really someone who goes after the ball. My swing speed is in the 103-108 range, but my tempo is a slow start to the down swing then gently rip through it. Just trying to get a comparison so I know if the shaft you have would be close to something I would need.

Cheers
D

Top Bottom