HCP
Local club/country
Athens Country Club (Georgia)
Irons
MP - 69 - 3- PW
Driver
Titleist - TS2 - 10.5 - Fujikura Atmos Tour S - 6
hello,
I have 2 sets of MP-69s. One set has the serial numbers SS 11, and the other set has serial numbers AS00656 (which is the correct 7 digit number for Mizuno). why does the 1st set only have 4 serial numbers? obviously I am trying to figure out which is fake. If one or the other is fake.

Thank you

kevkick

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP - 69 - 3- PW
Driver
here are the serial numbers

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
hello,
I have 2 sets of MP-69s. One set has the serial numbers SS 11, and the other set has serial numbers AS00656 (which is the correct 7 digit number for Mizuno). why does the 1st set only have 4 serial numbers? obviously I am trying to figure out which is fake. If one or the other is fake.

Thank you
Hello ... First of all the numbers are not serial numbers especially on older sets - For example, numbers etched into the ferrule was just done on custom sets - Some sets used to have numbers etched onto the shaft just below the grip (in view from the front, not under the grip) - More recent sets have a number etched on the hosel & this is usually the date they were made with either an S (standard / off the shelf) or C (custom made set) - There is no pic of where your numbers are in your 2nd post? - You are more likely to identify if your clubs are fake by comparing them (or pictures of them) with stock pictures of MP69 irons
Good luck ... Paul

kevkick

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP - 69 - 3- PW
Driver
Hello ... First of all the numbers are not serial numbers especially on older sets - For example, numbers etched into the ferrule was just done on custom sets - Some sets used to have numbers etched onto the shaft just below the grip (in view from the front, not under the grip) - More recent sets have a number etched on the hosel & this is usually the date they were made with either an S (standard / off the shelf) or C (custom made set) - There is no pic of where your numbers are in your 2nd post? - You are more likely to identify if your clubs are fake by comparing them (or pictures of them) with stock pictures of MP69 irons
Good luck ... Paul
Paul,
I reached out to a Mizuno Rep today via email and this was his response. Also I tried to upload photos twice, not sure what the problem is.

"On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 11:51 AM Mizuno Support <consumer.support@mizunousa.com> wrote:
Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Mizuno USA. Yes, both would be authentic. The first serial number is a stock serial number for the MP 69's. The SS serial number was a stock order placed for our sales meeting of 2011. Hope this helps clear that up, please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

Chris"​

Top Bottom