Local club/country
eyemouth gc, scotland
Irons
mizuno mp58s 4 to pw plus mp-t10 wedges 52 and 58 deg all dg s300
Driver
cobra s2 stiff shaft
Hi there,
new to this so bear with me.
Played blades all my life, got to "that age" and thought I needed a bit more help, so went to mizuno sure cavity backs with graphite shafts.Great, hit the ball miles kept them for four years untill I realised the feel and control was not there like it was with the blades.Spoke to the pro in Eyemouth and we tried loads of clubs TMs Cobra, Titelist etc. nothing felt right.He said come back in a day or two, Ive got a set of Mizuno mp32s being traded in, guy is going for the latest model.Went back three or for days later took them out on the course, hit six or seven balls and went back in and said sold.Brilliant clubs, ball comes off the face on a good shot with just a lovely buttery feel.Problem, if these bog standard 32s can feel like this how much better could a fitted set of say 58s or68s feel. Would it improve my game any, or at 63 years old am I just trying to re-capture some lost youth? Help needed please,what do I do.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
I played 32's for 2 years before switching to 67's.

The 32's are without question the best blades out there. If they still made them - I'd get a new set!!

Why did Luke Donald use them for so long???

Keep the 32's until the heads are falling off the shafts - then replace them...

But remember one VERY IMPORTANT THING (and I've said it so often on this forum I'll likely get it carved into my headstone)...

It's ALL in the shaft!! Get fitted for the correct shaft and ANY Mizuno head will feel great!!

D.

HCP
Local club/country
eyemouth gc, scotland
Irons
Driver
cobra s2 stiff shaft
Thanks deemac,
I have an appointment wed next week at glasgow mizuno fitting centre. Iwill be interesting to see how much difference there will be in the shaft specs. Will keep you updated.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Good Man! What will you do with the info you get from the fitting? Will you keep the 32's or are you keen to change clubs?

D.

HCP
Local club/country
eyemouth gc, scotland
Irons
Driver
cobra s2 stiff shaft
not sure , would have to be thoroughly convinced there is a difference,call me mean if you like but, if it aint broke why fix it.on the other hand, I dont really want to leave any money to my kids when I snuff it so I may just splash out.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
elmasman said:
not sure , would have to be thoroughly convinced there is a difference,call me mean if you like but, if it aint broke why fix it.on the other hand, I dont really want to leave any money to my kids when I snuff it so I may just splash out.
I like your style!!! :)

Let us know how you get on...

D.

HCP
Local club/country
eyemouth gc, scotland
Irons
Driver
cobra s2 stiff shaft
Had fitting at Mizuno Glasgow on wed 17th. Great experience was very surprised with the results.As I am playing mp32s I went with the notion in my head that mp68s or 58s would be what I would be looking for.No surprises then that the mp58s were recommended, what surprised was moving on to stiff shafts.Always had this idea that stiff shafts were like gate posts to swing and just for powerfull players.Was I wrong s300 dynamic gold, 1/4 inch longer, normal loft and lie and weight, absolutely brilliant, so much more of a controlled feel, lower flight,tighter dispertion and 8-9 yards longer with no more effort. Tried the stiffer shafted mp630 woods and the mx700 hybrid, superb. Dont put off folks, go have a fitting,great day out and the guy looking after me could not have been nicer, really put me at ease, and yes, I am going to blow the kids inheritance, on the irons at least and probably the woods as well.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
I LOVE a happy ending!!

Well done...

D.

Top Bottom