HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Muscleback, MMC and HMB.

These are the Japan branded "Mizuno Pro".

Expect something similar for Europe, but with the "Mizuno Pro" removed, and MP-x branding instead of 22x.

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
only decent looking set are the 225s , 223 looks like ping i200 , 221 look dreadful, I don't think you can better the mp 20 range each model is fabulous

Beast555

HCP
Local club/country
United States
I wish they would go ahead and release official pictures. Normally, the show them for the open, but they are late this year. It had been a while since I have played Mizuno irons and these are the first one that interest me.

LOS

Local club/country
England
1631623341167.png

https://www.mizuno.jp/golf/mizunopro.aspx

The desiign of these HMB's seems to be getting more comlex.
1631623821298.png
1631623915221.png

Google Translate:-
Hot metal blade design
High performance design for blade irons. The long and middle irons have a composite structure of chrome molybdenum steel face, tungsten weight, and stainless steel body. With a high initial velocity and low center of gravity design, you can gently aim for the green with a high trajectory shot. The short iron has a composite structure of a soft iron face and a stainless steel body. With a high center of gravity design, you can aim for the green with low launch and high spin.
Core Tech Face + Grain Flow Forged (No.4-7) The high-strength chrome molybdenum steel face integrally molded with the face neck has a thinner partial wall thickness design. Achieved the highest repulsion in the history of Mizuno forged irons. Face back structure diagram Mizuno's original forging method that integrally molds one round bar from the face to the neck. You can experience the comfortable feel of Mizuno without interrupting the forging streamline (flow of metal structure), which can be said to be the lifeline of the feel of hitting, inside the head.

CH919Forged

HCP
Local club/country
Shandon Park NI
Irons
JPX 919 Forged 4-GW
Driver
Callaway XR 10.5 Project X Stiff

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
How does everyone feel about that script logo? More polarising than we expected.

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
Script takes me back to the older blades in my sig, so good memories there. Might prefer script on the back & the logo/runbird on the toe though, but I'll have to have them in hand before rendering final judgement ;) 223 looks like a potential winner if feel/sound improves compared to the MMC the way I expect from the design characteristics.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Script takes me back to the older blades in my sig, so good memories there. Might prefer script on the back & the logo/runbird on the toe though, but I'll have to have them in hand before rendering final judgement ;) 223 looks like a potential winner if feel/sound improves compared to the MMC the way I expect from the design characteristics.
The 223 is going to catch a lot of people cold.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
The 223 is going to catch a lot of people cold.
Any truth in the rumours that the C-Taper shaft is being dropped for 2022?

This is what I'm currently using.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
If they are - we won't be taking yours back. Don't worry.

CH919Forged

HCP
Local club/country
Shandon Park NI
Irons
JPX 919 Forged 4-GW
Driver
Callaway XR 10.5 Project X Stiff
They're stunning looking irons but some of the marketing fluff leaves a lot to be desired.
"Mizuno reckon they’ve come so far they’re now happy to let go of their predominantly forged iron history. Dave Matthews, Western Global Brand Marketing Manager, said: “History has gone and it’s not coming back, our past is not our future”

For what it's worth I also play Mizuno despite not because of any of the content that Chris Voshall puts out on social media. Can't stand listening to the man. Still love Mizuno clubs though.

Top Bottom