HCP
Male
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
Mp20
Driver
Callaway xhot
Hello just wondering if any one can tell me how to spot fake clubs as I am going to buy a set of irons second hand but don't know if 100% real

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Hi Jamie ... Unless you have pictures of the clubs you plan to buy it is hard to explain what might be wrong - Best advice, which I always tell people when buying used clubs (especially on ebay) is to "buy the seller" i.e. check out whoever is selling the clubs (is he a PGA Pro or a well respected store / Pro Shop?) - Also, make sure the seller will accept returns, so that if you buy something & you're not 100% sure about, you can send them back for a refund - It might cost you the price of postage, but better that than ending up with a set of dodgy clubs - Hope that helps & feel free to ask any questions - Plenty of people here who can advise you on possible fake Mizuno irons
Paul

HCP
Male
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
Mp20
Driver
Callaway xhot
Hi Jamie ... Unless you have pictures of the clubs you plan to buy it is hard to explain what might be wrong - Best advice, which I always tell people when buying used clubs (especially on ebay) is to "buy the seller" i.e. check out whoever is selling the clubs (is he a PGA Pro or a well respected store / Pro Shop?) - Also, make sure the seller will accept returns, so that if you buy something & you're not 100% sure about, you can send them back for a refund - It might cost you the price of postage, but better that than ending up with a set of dodgy clubs - Hope that helps & feel free to ask any questions - Plenty of people here who can advise you on possible fake Mizuno irons
Paul
Thanks IMG-20210127-WA0019.jpg

Attachments

LOS

Local club/country
England
I can't tell the number of the iron you highlighted but the 9&PW are 1025E

If you look on the confirming clubs on the R&A website you get a photo and info on markings as per
1612023404837.png
1612023468215.png

Skipjack

HCP
Local club/country
Linden Hall G C
Irons
Mizuno MP20 MB
Driver
Taylormade M4 10.5 firm
I purchased a set 3-W , no serial numbers on hosel, nothing on ferrules, looked very nice, that being said, after speaking with Mizuno in USA and Australia, they couldn’t confirm from that information.
The tell tell sign to confirm counterfeit was parallel shafts, Mizuno could confirm their irons are all tapered .355 shafts.
Seller was very accommodating, sent postage paid label and fully returned purchase price.
Hopefully next set will pan out ; gotta be a top notch detective these days.

Top Bottom