MP-20 Combo Set?

ironman8

Local club/country
United States
I did a casual fitting with the shaft optimizer a month ago and it suggested the MP-20 MMC - ended up liking the 7 iron I hit in store too. I eventually did a fitting van experience at a PGA SS and went in asked to get fitted for the MMC. I haven't gotten fitted or bought new irons since getting Ping i3's in 2000, so the whole experience was very new to me.

After reading more about the MP-20 line I saw how common it is to do a combo set; this wasn't something I considered heading into my fitting. I ordered 4-PW in the MMC but with the backorder I can still change the order. Let's say I went 7-PW in the blades...could I safely order the MB's with the same shaft and be okay with gapping? Or would I need to mess with the lofts? I'm not sure what a fitter would tell me since you only get to hit a 7i or maybe a 6i depending on the place.

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
There is only a 1dg loft difference between blades and MMC, so no problem to be expected there. Especially since you always should gap manually after getting the clubs no matter the makeup. As long as the're ordered with the exact same shafts, head & swing weight they should blend fine. You could even go for a HMB 4 iron, which is noticeably easier to lift & land softly than the MMC. If you liket the 7 iron in the fit, you could go 8-PW blades, 7-5MMC and 4HMB.

HCP
Local club/country
Les ormes
I did a casual fitting with the shaft optimizer a month ago and it suggested the MP-20 MMC - ended up liking the 7 iron I hit in store too. I eventually did a fitting van experience at a PGA SS and went in asked to get fitted for the MMC. I haven't gotten fitted or bought new irons since getting Ping i3's in 2000, so the whole experience was very new to me.

After reading more about the MP-20 line I saw how common it is to do a combo set; this wasn't something I considered heading into my fitting. I ordered 4-PW in the MMC but with the backorder I can still change the order. Let's say I went 7-PW in the blades...could I safely order the MB's with the same shaft and be okay with gapping? Or would I need to mess with the lofts? I'm not sure what a fitter would tell me since you only get to hit a 7i or maybe a 6i depending on the place.
I was fitted on the 20th of December and went for HMB 5 iron 6,7,8 MMC & 9,PW in the MB’s.... just waiting to see when they come down to either add the 4 iron or maybe look at the JPX fl high

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
Mizuno/ CLK Adjustable 4H/ MP20 HMB 6-8, MB 9-PW
Driver
Cobra Speedzone 9⁰/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 60g Stiff
I was fitted on the 20th of December and went for HMB 5 iron 6,7,8 MMC & 9,PW in the MB’s.... just waiting to see when they come down to either add the 4 iron or maybe look at the JPX fl high
Let me know how you like going to only 9, PW in blades. I ordered HMB 6-8, MB 9, PW and the CLK adjustable 4h. I'm curious to see how gapping will be. Based on lofts, I don't think it should be a major issue.

Top Bottom