HCP
Local club/country
Stockholm GK/Sweden
Irons
JPX900 HM
Driver
Titleist
Hello,
I am about to get fitted for new irons. Is there any info on which are more forgiving: JPX921Forged or the new Mizuno Pro 223? I understand the MP223 has slightly higher COR, but does the blade size of JPX make them slightly more forgiving on miss-hits? Or not?
/N

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
Very little 'open' info on the 22-range (still under embargo) and it depends on what forgiveness you're looking for. Solely based on the design features I expect the 223's ball speed on off-center hits to surpass the 921F but have no idea on how it will twist/tilt spin axis in comparison.

MPDan95

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
+2
Local club/country
Newport
Irons
MP20 HMB 2&3 iron, MP20 MMC 4 iron, MP20 MB 5-PW
Driver
ST200G 7.0 Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 6x
From everything published so far you can see the 223 has a much hotter face than the MMC and will edge out the forged. One thing you will get from the Forged versus the 223 is a bigger head, especially in the scoring irons. The face length and thicker topline in the Forged might offer you a bit more confidence at address and a bit more help on the mishits. I think the Forged irons are a great choice for what you are looking for.

Niklas_M

HCP
Local club/country
Stockholm GK/Sweden
Irons
JPX900 HM
Driver
Titleist
From everything published so far you can see the 223 has a much hotter face than the MMC and will edge out the forged. One thing you will get from the Forged versus the 223 is a bigger head, especially in the scoring irons. The face length and thicker topline in the Forged might offer you a bit more confidence at address and a bit more help on the mishits. I think the Forged irons are a great choice for what you are looking for.
Thanks, My eyes prefer a thinner top line on the P-8, but I realize that my ”golf game” prefers the slightly larger head size & also the perimeter weighting you get from the slightly thicker top line 😄 Your comments have swayed me in the JPX direction to make the few rounds I play each year more enjoyable!

Top Bottom