Mizunoforum tournament?

RMM

HCP
Local club/country
Golf St. Apollinaire (France)
Irons
MP-68 DG-S300 3, Black Nickel 4 - PW / MP-T11 Black Nickel 50/52/54/56/58/60/64 / Bobby Grace Putter / Back-up irons: MP-60 2-P, MP-67 2-P
Driver
TSi2 10 Tensei blue/ 910F 15 Kai'li / 910F 19 Kai'li
Wouldn't this be a good thing?

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Bearwood Lakes, Berkshire
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Tirtleist 913D3, Oban Devotion
Yes, it would indeed.

I am a member of Bearwood Lakes, in Berkshire, and Mizuno have an office nearby and some corporate memberships at the club (I think), so I expect BL would welcome Mizuno forum members along.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
I have PM'd Joshella about this a couple of times! I think a Mizuno Golf Outing would be a great idea!

Kind of a cross between a Mizuno Demo Day and a Golf outing.

I think there would need to be one in Scotland and one in England though - too far to travel for many forum goers!!

RMM

HCP
Local club/country
Golf St. Apollinaire (France)
Irons
MP-68 DG-S300 3, Black Nickel 4 - PW / MP-T11 Black Nickel 50/52/54/56/58/60/64 / Bobby Grace Putter / Back-up irons: MP-60 2-P, MP-67 2-P
Driver
TSi2 10 Tensei blue/ 910F 15 Kai'li / 910F 19 Kai'li
Would be nice to have it anywhere near an airport with decent connections e.g. to the Continent ...

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Deemac - for some reason, i've nothing in my inbox. If you email admin, you might get more luck. Forum tournament could be a goer one day. Main issue is that its a European (hopefully soon to be US as well) forum - so venue selection might be tricky.

hvcarvalho

HCP
Local club/country
www.xiragolfe.pt
Irons
Mizuno, JPX 825 2h&3h + MX-300 4-P + MP-T10
Driver
Mizuno MP 630 FT 10,5ª Fubuki Reg
So... if the location can be tricky I would say that Portugal might have a chance to host such an event! I believe it would be well located for everybody that has to travel and with some very good golf courses located nearby the airports!

You can PM me if you consider this option and need help with the organization of the event!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Joshella said:
Deemac - for some reason, i've nothing in my inbox. If you email admin, you might get more luck. Forum tournament could be a goer one day. Main issue is that its a European (hopefully soon to be US as well) forum - so venue selection might be tricky.

Joshella,

A couple of weeks ago, I started a thread on my PM's not being sent! I don't know if you read it???

Anyway, you have PM's disabled on your profile, and so I PM'd the Admin at least 3 times without response. SO I reckon my PM's may not be working!!

If you want to email me directly at: deemac1776@tiscali.co.uk I could share my thoughts on what we could do to arrange a Mizuno Golf Outing.

Although, I take on board your comments about some perhaps feeling dissadvantaged by not being close enough to attend.

Anyway, if you would like to hear my thoughts on the matter - drop me an email and I'll be happy to share!!

Kind Regards,

D.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Will do. Apologies - we're not completely 100% upto speed with the technical workings of the forum.

Local club/country
GC in Germany
Irons
712 MB 3-PW PX 7.0 +0.5´´ +1°up 2°strong // SM5 52 and 58 PX 6.5
Driver
910D3 8.5° Pro Launch Red X // 913FD 13.5° Diamana D+82 X // 910H 17° Speeder 904HB X
such an event would be a very good idea
go ahead please

isha_des

HCP
Local club/country
Reddish Vale GC, England
Irons
MP58/4-pw
Driver
Nike Sumo 5000
Sounds a great idea, could have it in a different country each year if we start 2011 to give anyone interested enough notice; or we could just plan to get together at an event such as the Tullamore dew in Ulster, or the Wirral classic which I'm going to this year.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
That's the first I've heard of the Wirral Classic and I live on the Wirral - with a mate who's a member at Wallasey (better than Royal Liverpool IMO).

Looks like a great deal that. Hope they do it next year.

HCP
Local club/country
Manchester golf club, UK
Irons
mp 32 irons s300, tp 11, 1 iron.
Driver
Srixon w 506 10.5, 3 wood,Cleveland Miazuki stiff
Sounds a great idea, could have it in a different country each year if we start 2011 to give anyone interested enough notice; or we could just plan to get together at an event such as the Tullamore dew in Ulster, or the Wirral classic which I'm going to this year.

The Tullamore dew or for the other golfers who remember this tournament being called the "Blackbush",played over Royal Portrush, Portstewart,Castlerock,Ballycastle. What a golf challenge this tournament represents. I have played in this tournament for the past 15 years with fellow golfers from Japan, USA, Canada,Bermuda,Germany,etc, etc.This event was truly global in golfing terms and I always wondered why a major golfing manufactor never latched on to an event like this with so many golfers from around the world in one place.

Carisman

HCP
Local club/country
Northumberland
Irons
MP 54's 5 to PW / MP Fli Hi Nippon pro 950 R MPT-10 wedge
Driver
R9 Super tri
Yes.... Scotland gets my vote for 1st one.!

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Whilst the concept is fairly simple, the logistics ar a bit more complicated. I've been a regular on the Golf Monthly Forum and have played in a few meets the guys in Scotland have arranged amongst themselves.

Last year G M had a big event at The Belfry, which I couldn't manage along to, this year they managed to get tee times for an event at Castle Stuart up by Inverness, that was a cracking day out at a very reasonable £50. They managed a full compliment of 60 for that one, so anthing is possible if you pick the right venue. Castle Stuart gort a fair bit of publicity from that event, in the magazine and on the forum. Perhaps Mizuno could work some sort of marketing/demo event into things should such an event take place?

As an aside, we went on to play the Nairn on the following day to castle Stuart, all in all an excellent weekends golf ;-)

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
OK here's an idea

I'm guessing there will be some clubs released in Spring 2011 - where are these launched normally?

What about a big press unveiling at a club with the truck there and all that - maybe a couple of staffers - and include some sort of amateur tournament - perhaps an annual thing - maybe the winner gets some of the newly released clubs - entries via the forum or Dave's facebook group - magazine coverage - celebrities - kids "have a go" zone - free pro's taster sessions - "Mizuno Mayday Mardigras"

I'm just typing stuff that comes into my head atm but I'm liking the idea more and more - everyone wins I reckon.

dave_giz

HCP
Increasing
Local club/country
None curently
Irons
MP18 SC's along with MP S-18 wedges 52 & 58.
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 driver and 3 wood.
Crikey Pete that's a heck of an idea, it seems so good that I keep thnking there must be a big flaw in it that I can't presently envisage.

HCP
Local club/country
CWGC, Glasgow
Irons
Ping G10 21/24 hybrids Soft Regular Callaway Diablo 5-PW Nippon 950 Regular 52/56 Callaway Xforged Wedges
Driver
TaylorMade R7 Superquad Reg 10.5
bunkerhill said:

The Tullamore dew or for the other golfers who remember this tournament being called the "Blackbush",played over Royal Portrush, Portstewart,Castlerock,Ballycastle. What a golf challenge this tournament represents. I have played in this tournament for the past 15 years with fellow golfers from Japan, USA, Canada,Bermuda,Germany,etc, etc.This event was truly global in golfing terms and I always wondered why a major golfing manufactor never latched on to an event like this with so many golfers from around the world in one place.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
All - if we were to have small gathering for the first year, i think we could easily get an event off the ground this spring. Let me know if you think this would work.

Teams of 4, headed by a Forum member (could still be 4 forum members).

At Bearwood Lakes ideally for the first year (Mizuno's local course in the UK).

Spring time (Masters?)

Would there be some interest?

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
I'd be up for it - however, surely we could host is somewhere more central?

Bearwood Lakes certainly favours those in the South. How about somewhere near Manchester or Liverpool. For example St Annes Old Course Links???

Within striking distance of both North and South???

D.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
I'd be totally up for that - getting together with some forumites would be cool. I'm willing to travel. Understandable a London-centric venue is tough on the Scots but I guess you gotta start somewhere...

The local Mizuno course makes absolute sense - my sister lives in Windsor :)

Top Bottom