Mizunoforum tournament?

RMM

HCP
Local club/country
Golf St. Apollinaire (France)
Irons
MP-68 DG-S300 3, Black Nickel 4 - PW / MP-T11 Black Nickel 50/52/54/56/58/60/64 / Bobby Grace Putter / Back-up irons: MP-60 2-P, MP-67 2-P
Driver
TSi2 10 Tensei blue/ 910F 15 Kai'li / 910F 19 Kai'li
Mapquest shows a 30-minutes drive from London Heatrow; this should even work for guys from the Continent.

SimonS

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.crailgolfingsociety.co.uk/
Irons
Miura PP-9003
Driver
JPX-EX 10.5 reg
If we can get a firm date decided before the end if the year then I should be able to make it.

Anyone for a convoy from Scotland!?

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
SimonS said:
If we can get a firm date decided before the end if the year then I should be able to make it.

Anyone for a convoy from Scotland!?
I'd consider it - but I'd go by train I think!!

dave_giz

HCP
Increasing
Local club/country
None curently
Irons
MP18 SC's along with MP S-18 wedges 52 & 58.
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 driver and 3 wood.
I think I'd be Ok to play there but I also like Deemac's idea of a more central location (near an airport like Manchester or Liverpool if there is any overseas interest?)

My only concern is that I barely hit a shot during the coldest months so it won't be my "A" game I'd be bringing, it would somewhere more in the middle of the alphabet ;-)

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
dave_giz said:
I think I'd be Ok to play there but I also like Deemac's idea of a more central location (near an airport like Manchester or Liverpool if there is any overseas interest?)

My only concern is that I barely hit a shot during the coldest months so it won't be my "A" game I'd be bringing, it would somewhere more in the middle of the alphabet ;-)
Dave, with a hcp of 3.5 your "M" game is still better than most of our "A" games!!! D ;-)

dave_giz

HCP
Increasing
Local club/country
None curently
Irons
Driver
Deemac said:
Dave, with a hcp of 3.5 your "M" game is still better than most of our "A" games!!! D ;-)
I went from 5 to 3.5 because of one good round at kendal golf club in a golf society and some very suspicious handicap alteration, so don't get too excited. I'm still happy to finish 18 with the same ball I tee off the 1st with!

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
I don't suppose there would be anything against an unofficial event for forumites somewhere more northward later in the year perhaps - I'm Wirral based so this would suit me.

As for MPX's proposal - it does make sense to hold an event at Mizuno's "home" course to start off with. I'd be happy to drive / offer lifts down there to meet up with everyone.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
All - it looks like this idea is slowly coming together. We have a provisional date of April 4th (in the morning)at Bearwood Lakes for 40 players.

Logistics etc still need some work, but the rate will be favourable.

To start with the event will ONLY be open to Forum members - as there are only have 40 places available.

Any takers?

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
MPX - Probably the only date in April that I can't make!!

I am currently working on a new school build and the handover date is 4th April. I'm going away for my annual golf weekend up North on the 8th April - so it's all a bit too tight for me I'm afraid.

What are the odds????

BTW - Why a Monday?? If I WAS able to go, I'd have to get the train on a Sunday, meaning 6 train changes and a 12hr 30min total journey time and an overnight stay. If I left on the Monday, it's 3 changes of train and a total journey time of 6hrs 30mins but wouldn't arrive at Bearwood Lakes until 3:00pm... No matter what way you cut it, it's a nightmare journey from up here!!

p.s. I think you should put this thread at the top of each category so that EVERYBODY sees it!!! You know how you can create a thread that stays at the top of the thread lists regardless of recent posts...

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Wanted to hear from the regulars before going wider.

RMM

HCP
Local club/country
Golf St. Apollinaire (France)
Irons
MP-68 DG-S300 3, Black Nickel 4 - PW / MP-T11 Black Nickel 50/52/54/56/58/60/64 / Bobby Grace Putter / Back-up irons: MP-60 2-P, MP-67 2-P
Driver
TSi2 10 Tensei blue/ 910F 15 Kai'li / 910F 19 Kai'li
A Saturday or Sunday would be preferable, but I could make it on 4 April. Many thanks, MPX, for your efforts.

dave_giz

HCP
Increasing
Local club/country
None curently
Irons
Driver
Is the idea to just have 18 holes? It's at least a 4 hour trip for me and a few others from up north, so an early tee time would be a killer. If you did a 9 hole thing in the morning for those who can be there early and then the 18 holes in the afternoon then it would hopefully not exclude anyone (or just do 18 in the afternoon and that's it).

The 4th April date is good for me and, although being a weekday means booking a day off, I'd be happy to do so as hopefully the course will be quieter and therefore fewer witnesses to my post-hibernation hacking.

Local club/country
n/a
i would be intrested in attending not to far to travel and the date is good for me.
would be nice to put faces to some of the names in the forum.

danapu2000

Local club/country
Campanino Golf Club / Italy
Irons
Mizuno MX25 5-PW Exsar IS2 Regular
Driver
Titleist 910D2 Aldila RIP60a regular
would be fantastic to be there with all of you

March or April i'm planning to go Mizuno national fitting center so if i can arrange my holiday in that period will be grate also join the 18 hole

will see how! can be a dream ;-)

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Have to say however - it kind of wouldn't be the same without Deemac and his van full of Mizuno goodies...

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Thanks for all the replies. Date is dictated by the availability of the course - and hopefully the tour van as well.

I think anyone travelling all the way from Scotland is likely to be looking at a one night stop over - no matter what time we tee off.

However, makes sense for anyone with a few miles to pack in that we should try around midday tee off. Will see if we can sort that out with the course.

Clocks will have changed - so enough light for us to do the afternoon. Assuming it doesn't snow.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
BigPete said:
Have to say however - it kind of wouldn't be the same without Deemac and his van full of Mizuno goodies...
Cheers BP - I'm touched!! :-(

SimonS

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.crailgolfingsociety.co.uk/
Irons
Miura PP-9003
Driver
JPX-EX 10.5 reg
I've put in a request for the day off at work (and the 3rd & 5th) but I will not know for certain until 5 weeks before, however it is rare for a request to be refused.

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Bearwood Lakes, Berkshire
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Tirtleist 913D3, Oban Devotion
Add me to the list, please. I am a member of Bearwood Lakes.

Top Bottom