Mizuno XR3 Rocker Sole

BazSNP67

HCP
Local club/country
Mortonhall Edinburgh / Scotland
Irons
MP33 (4-PW) MP32 (3-PW) TP9 (4-PW) TP11 (4-PW)
Is anyone able to provide details in these irons, considering purchasing a set but would like to know more about them.

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Is anyone able to provide details in these irons, considering purchasing a set but would like to know more about them.
I seem to remember two of my heroes... Phillip Paris Lynott and a young Gary Moore before he got his face ripped apart in a Belfast Bar Brawl both had a set of these.... I think they werent members of any course... they just played out in the fields and worked their sand wedge play on Giants Causeway...

Sorry mate... not a full shilling anymore... will get my coat ... sorry straight jacket on my way out.

https://images.app.goo.gl/4c1FNGQ5FxdfXiYN9

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
A search here reveals a thread from 2009 which says:
They're about 20/25 years old and, as I recall, introduced to the UK by a concern called National Golf - a forerunner to the likes of American Golf etc - the shop in Chester was run by Mark Roe's Dad.
As far as I'm aware they were Mizuno's first foray into the UK. Either that, or Mizuno made a couple of retailer specific models. My mate bought a set of lovely Mizuno blades called "Elite Pro" around the same time.
I thought they were good clubs; forged blades (3-SW) and persimmon woods (1, 3, & 5) and certainly did me proud for many years.
Hope that helps.

If you're looking at the set for sale on the bay @ "robs2ndhandgolf" he is local to me & I have bought a few bits from him & would do again if that helps?
Good luck
Paul

Top Bottom