Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Here's one to chew over - curious to hear what you all think.

At the moment our largest representation on tour is by players using our irons by choice (in the wake of Nike's pull out from equipment) - you probably know who most of them are. Some very elite players. In my official capacity i can't name them (maybe someone else can on my behalf),.

Then we have players supported through #teammizuno - Keith Mitchell, Adam Schenk, J Vegas, N Watney, L Glover, Luke Donald on the PGA Tour and Eddie Pep, Jorge Campillo, Laurie Canter, Oliver Fisher, Marcus Fraser, Lasse Jensen on the European Tour (i've probably missed a couple). All on pretty flexible terms that allow a few competitor clubs into the bag. More players than we've had playing Mizuno for some time.

Do you distinguish between the 2 different groups (contracted and non contracted) - or is it all just Mizuno usage to you?

How do you feel about the current #teammizuno ? Good to see more pros aligned to Mizuno or would you value a smaller number of players with fuller bags.....eg 13 clubs.

Shoot away.

Last edited:

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Good to see so many in use. The number of non contracted players choosing to play Mizuno has to be great news. Hopefully, at season end, you can have a few sets in the upper reaches of the OOM.

Doesn't worry me who uses what, but, good to see a much larger contingent using them on both sides of the Pond.

Well done Mizuno :)

Last edited:

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Fabulous Frinton on Sea ESSEX
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
Mizuno MX700 JPX EZ ,GT & ST180 & ST180G
Here's one to chew over - curious to hear what you all think.

At the moment our largest representation on tour is by players using our irons by choice (in the wake of Nike's pull out from equipment) - you probably know who most of them are. Some very elite players. In my official capacity i can't name them (maybe someone else can on my behalf),.

Then we have players supported through #teammizuno - Keith Mitchell, Adam Schenk, J Vegas, N Watney, L Glover, Luke Donald on the PGA Tour and Eddie Pep, Jorge Campillo, Laurie Canter, Oliver Fisher, Marcus Fraser, Lasse Jensen on the European Tour (i've probably missed a couple). All on pretty flexible terms that allow a few competitor clubs into the bag. More players than we've had playing Mizuno for some time.

Do you distinguish between the 2 different groups (contracted and non contracted) - or is it all just Mizuno usage to you?

How do you feel about the current #teammizuno ? Good to see more pros aligned to Mizuno or would you value a smaller number of players with fuller bags.....eg 13 clubs.

Shoot away.
As you say, players using the clubs by choice, this shows the quality, not money chasing. One can't help thinking how much better some players would be using our prestige tools.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Notice Paul Casey was using MP5s recently and I've certainly seen a few US players on tv coverage with the JPX 900s who aren't on the Mizuno list. Reminiscent of times past when players played the best club for them rather than take the $$ to play Brand X or Y. In the long tern it has to be good for the game.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Isn’t Ross Fisher using JPX900s?

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Personally I don't care all that much for seeing players with certain gear win if the company is paying half the field but I can see it's an important selling point for more casual players who don't spend time on golf forums etc. What I do like is supporting some young talent and sticking with them for a longer period of time. I wouldn't like to pay more for a product with loads of superstars on board as opposed to a couple of long-time "members of a family".

The one thing I'd like to see happen is for the woods to be more visible. I guess it's a long battle to get people interested and shops to carry them in the first place. Not being able to demo them locally ruled them out for me and I ended up ordering a 917 fairway wood with a counter-balanced Fujikura shaft. Mizuno would've had CB shafts available as an option so there's a real possibility the ST180 could've worked for me but I couldn't tell.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Titleist spend huge $$$$ to get pros to play their balls.
Hardly ever buy their balls.
TM, Srixon, Callaway, Mizuno, Bridgestone, etc, just as good for significantly less money.

We definitely don't want Mizuno to buy their way into market share % like Titleist (balls) or TM (drivers).

Look at the recent poll on Golf WRX. Mizuno MP18 way ahead of 2nd place.

Top Bottom