Zakbelle

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
MP H5 5-PW
Driver
Titleist 915 D2 9.5 degree
Hi I have bought a used set.of MP H5 in fantastic condition, the seller described the kbs shafts as stiff but there are no stickers on the shafts to indicate flex. Can I identify the shaft flex with the ID number stamped on the club?

Thanks

LOS

Local club/country
England
Do you have KBS labels on the shafts? KBS frequently have a weight listed on the label and you can cross ref the type and weight to get the flex.
https://kbsgolfshafts.com/shop/

Clubs built in Scotland do not have an id but do have a build date followed by a "C" for custom or "S" for standard build. If it was custom built you would need the build date and who they were built for and then a local Mizuno fitter could find out the build spec for you from Mizuno.

Zakbelle

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
MP H5 5-PW
Driver
Hi unfortunately the labels were removed, they are brushed steel and were advertised as KBS C taper lite Stiff flex. I'm guessing the stickers started to look worn and were taken off, after hitting the club's I would certainly say they are stiff rather than regular flex. The seller informed me that they were actually custom fit for a golfer with a 100mpg swing. I guess I'm still in the dark but I'm pleased with how they perform regardless, I was hoping that perhaps you could add a weight and measure shaft deflection which would indicate flex??

Thanks for the reply

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
What LOS says is correct - The other option is to take them somewhere where they have a machine that can test the CPM / flex of the irons - One of the guys I use for repairs has one (Silvermere in Surrey) - There may be someone near you with similar equipment (?)
Paul

Zakbelle

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
MP H5 5-PW
Driver
Having had them to the range a few times now I'm pretty sure they are Stiff and even if they aren't I'm hitting them pretty well with little dispersion and nice trajectory so I'm happy regardless 😊

Top Bottom