Mizuno Logo

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
Mizuno JPX EZ 4-GW reg flex XP105 +1/2" 2* upright
Driver
Nike 350 Low Kick Graphite Shaft 11.5*
Just because I'm sure that someone on this forum knows such things..............
I'm just curious....What does the Mizuno Logo represent? You know, the image above the name Mizuno like the one on this page in blue and white in the upper left hand corner. 
Not a big deal, just curious as to it's significance and if anyone knows what it is.
Nike has the "Swoosh" But what is the Mizuno thing called? 
Thanks,
Boz

swingslow

HCP
Local club/country
Congleton, England
This is Mizuno's answer to your question:

Our new logo is called a Runbird, and it's a logo that was designed to communicate speed, agility, and strength. The logo was first introduced in our company more than 50 years ago and was introduced in our competitive running shoes. The Runbird design was first used as a functional design element, but became widely popular. Globally, it has been used for decades. We brought it in on a global basis to communicate the fact that we're moving ahead swiftly, with innovative designs, breakthrough technologies, and high performance for our consumers.

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
Driver
Thanks for the info - Being from the U.S. and having traveled the Western half of the country, my initial interpretation of the logo reminded me of what is commonly refered to as a "Road Runner" so I wasn't far off. It fits the Mizuno "playbook" perfectly. Having been aware of the Mizuno name for years, I had never hit a Mizuno club until just recently. I was totally amazed. I had hit 3 balls with a 6 iron and all I could do was laugh after each shot. They were pure and smooth as silk - shot after shot after shot - Can't wait to get my new sticks. Mizuno is just another way to spell AMAZING!

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I heard some time ago it was a running bird, but I'd never heard the information above. Thanks for posting that. Interesting stuff...

When I first saw the logo, I had no idea that it actually represented anything. As soon as I heard it was a running bird, I immediately saw it and wondered how I hadn't recognized it before. I had wondered before that if it was a bull with horns.

Pastorcraig

HCP
Local club/country
Stoney Brooke, USA
Irons
Mizuno MP 54 5-PW and MP 4 8-PW
Driver
Callaway razr x
Absolutely the coolest logo ever. Proud to wear it because it represents quality in whatever sport the are involved in. 

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I had to put on my new rain jacket today. It has the stylized M on it, not the running bird. It is staff blue, so it looks really good though.

Pastorcraig

HCP
Local club/country
Stoney Brooke, USA
Irons
Mizuno MP 54 5-PW and MP 4 8-PW
Driver
Callaway razr x
I enjoy wearing Mizuno clothing, shoes, shirts, hats, etc... But my only problem is that I live in Alabama and there are not any stores that carry substantial amounts of Mizuno gear so I have to order everything online. I don't mind but it gets aggravating when my wife buys me a pair of Mizuno running shoes for a Christmas and I have to resell them on ebay because they don't fit. But there are people in this world with much bigger problems. 

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
OMG - Another Yank!

I have a couple Mizuno shirts. The fit well and are very cool in the Miami, Florida heat, but they don't stretch much, so they aren't as comfortable to play in as I'd like. I tend to wear them to work on days when I won't be able to play.

I haven't seen any Mizuno golf shoes in the size 14 I need.

I bought one of the web belts via the Mizuno website. It's looks good, but as much as I hate to say it, it doesn't function very easily. It's hard to get the spike to move in the slot to set it tight or let it go.

The best Mizuno product I have, other than hats, is the rain jacket.

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
Driver
As soon as I get my Mizuno irons, I'm going to get the runbird tatooed on the inside of my wrist half way under where my watchband rides. Sure to make for some conversation as I'm almost 60 and haven't got any "ink". 
My wife will crap but she'll get over it. If she don't, I guess I'll have to spend more time at the course LOL
Boz

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Fabulous Frinton on Sea ESSEX
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
Mizuno MX700 JPX EZ ,GT & ST180 & ST180G
Bozwell said:
As soon as I get my Mizuno irons, I'm going to get the runbird tatooed on the inside of my wrist half way under where my watchband rides. Sure to make for some conversation as I'm almost 60 and haven't got any "ink". 
My wife will crap but she'll get over it. If she don't, I guess I'll have to spend more time at the course LOL
Boz
I did mine when she was on holiday I think Big Pete put it on the forum awesome tat.

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE said:
Bozwell said:
Boz
I did mine when she was on holiday I think Big Pete put it on the forum awesome tat.
Crikey!! I knew you had one Essex, but I didn't know BP had one done. Must have missed that. Pic please

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
Thanks Pete. Misread the original post

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Slightly off topic but our apartment building is going through quite big renovations and some of the boxes lying around in the hallways have a familiar logo, apparently it's a Turkish company:

LOS

Local club/country
England
Slightly off topic but our apartment building is going through quite big renovations and some of the boxes lying around in the hallways have a familiar logo,
I don't think I had read this thread before seeing your post so got curious about the reasons for change.
Old running shoe.
1612687261624.png

"Prior to the RunBird, Mizuno had used a distinctive large “M” logo. Due to trademark challenges and the feeling that the “M” was too similar to a competitor’s three stripe logo, it was deemed Mizuno needed a more modern symbol that embodied the company’s expansive view of sports. "
Mizuno USA put a page on their website in 2019 explaining the History behind the "Runbird"
https://live-bloginsider.mizunousa.com/blog/theinsider/2019/02/05/history-of-mizuno-famed-runbird/

Top Bottom