scotty pro

HCP
Local club/country
Washington, UK
Irons
JPX 825 PRO, MPT-4 Wedges
Driver
Cleveland Classic Custom
I have bought a 4 iron from Ebay as the set I originally bought was from 5- PW. Upon looking at the club it does not have a serial number on the hosel where the grain flow forged is stamped. All my irons for as long as I can remember from mizzen have had a serial number. Do you think this is a forgery or am I just looking for an excuse to return it.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Pretty sure only the custom fit clubs has the etched sn (assembled in Cumbernauld).
Off the shelf clubs don't (assembled in China)

Maybe this 4 iron was an unwanted part of an off the shelf 4-pw set? xp r300 shaft was the stock shaft

TheJoshuaTree

Local club/country
United Kingdon]
Irons
Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4 - PW, Wedges Cleveland 588 RTX 48/08, 52/08, 56/14, 60/08
Driver
Titleist 915 D2, Titleist 913 15 degree, Titleist 913 19 degree, Titleist 915 Hybrid
In the last couple of years i bought a set of the JPX 825 irons which were a custom fit, they all had serial numbers starting with the letter C.

My last set which are the JPX 825 Pro are off the shelf standard specs and were bought from a reputable seller, they don't have a serial number, they just have grain flow forged stamped onto them. Their are serial numbers on the shafts, just at the bottom of the grip on the shaft. Quite a few people sell 4 irons as they change to a Hybrid, ive got a 4 iron up for sale myself at the min as i don't use it.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
This is further confused as last year (or year before) they changed from the C stamp on the platic ferrule to an etched serial number on the metal hosel for the custom fit clubs - the stock clubs have always had serial numbers on the shafts (or one of the shafts - just under the grip)

TheJoshuaTree

Local club/country
United Kingdon]
Irons
Driver
Titleist 915 D2, Titleist 913 15 degree, Titleist 913 19 degree, Titleist 915 Hybrid
BigPete said:
This is further confused as last year (or year before) they changed from the C stamp on the platic ferrule to an etched serial number on the metal hosel for the custom fit clubs - the stock clubs have always had serial numbers on the shafts (or one of the shafts - just under the grip)
I once enquired about this to Mizuno via email as my previous set (Custom fit) had serial numbers and my 2nd set which were standard spec from a retailer had no serial numbers on the heads, this is the reply i got.

"Good Afternoon, 

Our standard sets are sent in plain boxes, and standard sets often don't have a code on the hosel or ferrule.  (Custom fit will always have a code on the ferrule/hosel and will usually come in the branded box) 
Codes on the shaft are from the shaft manufacturer and do not relate to Mizuno."

Regards

Custom Fit Team
Mizuno Corp UK
Mizuno House
612 Reading Road
Winnersh 
Wokingham
RG41 5HE

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
Well this isn't difficult to figure out guys. As Big Pete says the serial number relates to when a set was assembled at Cumbernauld.

Not sure how this protects buyers from buying counterfiet standard sets TBH. Maybe Mizuno should have some sort of serial number on these sets to protect against that

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Villiers1 said:
Well this isn't difficult to figure out guys. As Big Pete says the serial number relates to when a set was assembled at Cumbernauld.

Not sure how this protects buyers from buying counterfiet standard sets TBH. Maybe Mizuno should have some sort of serial number on these sets to protect against that
If they can fake a set of clubs, they can fake a serial number!

The number etched on the custom clubs, provides Mizuno with important information that can be used post-production...

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
Deemac said:
Villiers1 said:

The number etched on the custom clubs, provides Mizuno with important information that can be used post-production...
Agreed on the custom sets. But no such information on standard sets. That's my point

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Villiers1 said:
Deemac said:
Villiers1 said:

Agreed on the custom sets. But no such information on standard sets. That's my point
But serial numbers wont protect against counterfeiting...

TheJoshuaTree

Local club/country
United Kingdon]
Irons
Driver
Villiers1 said:
Deemac said:
Villiers1 said:

Ive posted a reply above direct from Mizuno regarding standard sets which states "Our standard sets are sent in plain boxes, and standard sets often don't have a code on the hosel or ferrule.".

My standard set of JPX 825 Pro don't have a serial number on the hosel or ferrule, they came from Snainton golf.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Should have gone Ping, nice wee coloured dot and .......

Okay, I'll get back in my box ;)

Top Bottom