HCP
Local club/country
Belgium
Irons
Mizuno Hot Metal JPX919 5-SW
Driver
Cobra King Speedzone 10,5
Hello,

I bought in December 2019 a series of Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal irons (5-PW + GW + SW) after a fitting.

I was very happy but a few months ago the chrome plating started to flake off. My dealer tells me that Mizuno refuses to take this under warranty.

I wanted your opinion. Am I the only one having this problem?

I am disappointed because I had hesitated to take the forged series and following the advice of my dealer I took this one. I'm pretty sure this problem is abnormal. Maybe on the forged series I wouldn't have had this problem.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Best regards,

Vidda
JPX919_5_light.jpg JPX919_4_light.jpg JPX919_3_light.jpg JPX919_2_light.jpg JPX919_1_light.jpg

Last edited:

LOS

Local club/country
England
If this started to occur a few months ago they should have been returned to Mizuno straight away then as there is only a 1 year warranty.

https://mizunogolf.com/uk/warranty/
There is a 1 year warranty on clubs, bags and apparel (not including gloves), purchased through an Authorized European Mizuno Golf Retailer to the original purchaser. This warranty covers manufacturing defects which are not the result of misuse, abuse, accident, damage in transit, failure to follow care instructions or equipment that has been altered by someone other than Mizuno (i.e. loft, lie, or shaft replacement). If you require a warranty service you will need to take the club and a copy of your receipt back to your original Mizuno Golf retailer. They will obtain a return authorization number from us and send it to Mizuno for inspection. If it is ruled under warranty, it will be repaired and sent back. If it is ruled not under warranty, your Mizuno retailer will be contacted for further instructions.

Mizuno may repair or replace any guaranteed item at its discretion. All claims should be made to the authorized Mizuno retailer from where the product was purchased. This guarantee gives no rights other than those expressly set out above and does not cover any claims for consequential losses or damages.

Last edited:
HCP
Local club/country
Belgium
Irons
Driver
Hi LOS,

Thank you for you comment. I went immediately to my reseller in Belgium at that time (so the warranty was still running, I have proof of this by email) but they said that this was not covered by Mizuno.

I wanted to know if this is normal and if I'm the only one facing this issue...

Best regards,

Vidda

Last edited:

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
There are some serious dinks on that leading edge. Are there a lot of stones on the course ?

HCP
Local club/country
Belgium
Irons
Driver
Hi DCB,

Not really or maybe hidden into the mud, but no friend of mine are facing the same issue (they are not playing with Mizuno).

And I'm not often in bunkers too.

Really strange. Really disappointed.

Lobolito

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
Mizuno 90p jpx hot metal 5 - SW
Driver
Taylormade M4 10.5 reg
Hello,

I bought in December 2019 a series of Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal irons (5-PW + GW + SW) after a fitting.

I was very happy but a few months ago the chrome plating started to flake off. My dealer tells me that Mizuno refuses to take this under warranty.

I wanted your opinion. Am I the only one having this problem?

I am disappointed because I had hesitated to take the forged series and following the advice of my dealer I took this one. I'm pretty sure this problem is abnormal. Maybe on the forged series I wouldn't have had this problem.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Best regards,

Vidda
View attachment 10046 View attachment 10047 View attachment 10048 View attachment 10049 View attachment 10050
I have the same problem but only on my PW. I bought my set 2 years ago. Did you have yours repaired?

HCP
Local club/country
Belgium
Irons
Driver
Hi Lobolito,

I'm sorry to read that you are facing the same issue.

I have no solution for now. I keep trying to find someone who can help.

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
@Vidda_M :AFAIK Belgian consumer law is based on a conformity principle. Whether or not the product is covered by manufacturer warranty, the (professional) seller is liable towards the buyer when the product delivered is not 'conforming reasonable expectations'. Your dealer should fix this in a satisfactory manner and not 'hide' behind limited manufacturer warranty. Of course, you'll have to prove (to a point) you yourself have not caused the damage.

HCP
Local club/country
Belgium
Irons
Driver
@MTR : Really interesting, thank you. In the mean time I had contact with another reseller who told me that the warranty in Belgium is 2 years. He will try to help me.

HCP
Local club/country
Murcar Links Golf Club, Scotland
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 5 - pw.
Driver
Cobra f8
I am a new member, just joining today. I have a corrosion problem with JPX919 hot metal irons, which I bought in August last year. I will be contacting Mizuno tomorrow to make them aware of rust pitting issue. Good luck with your problem. Those flaking edges on your clubs look hellish and doesn't bode well for those of us who bought hot metal irons.

Top Bottom